Technical Hellcat's problems

Currently reading:
Technical Hellcat's problems

Ok so my mental health can be discussed in the LL so this thread is for my Marea only! Its got a few things that don't seem to be terminal but I want to fix them if possible.

1. On starting the engine heating light sometimes flashes after the engine has started. Problem with post-heating circuit?

2. The odomoter display is black, with lighter numbers (sure its supposed to be the other way around). From the manual I've read that its supposed to display milage, unless the outside temp is below x degrees then it shows the temp. If you press the thermometer button it should display temp for 10 secs. Mine tends to always show the temp even upto 7 degrees, and if its showing the odo, pressing the temp button will bring up the temp permanently

3. Rear wiper doesn't work. The washer on the back works though.

Well thats about it for now. I'm so glad I don't have that problem where the airbag light doesn't come on... ;)

Last edited:
Greetings, the milometer displays miles unless the temp drops below freezing when it will flash up to make you aware. you can also check temp by pressing button to display for a short time then it goes back to mileage.its the same as pressing the clock symbol when you have the radio on...:) :) :)

Mine doesn't like showing the milage though. If I press the temp button it shows the temp from then on...

Problem is I can't read the display as its so dark. Not sure if someone has fiddled with the screen material, or if its got a light out.

The lighting prob sounds the same as one i had on a Rover.
Check the light, normally just a little bulb or similar and the connections to it.
You never know.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Ive edited the last post to include a marea on ebay with the same odometer setup (y) so there is nothing wrong on that front

The later mareas had the same clock setup as what is in Bunnys JTD if you are interested hellcat :)

Rob,

The display on mine is black with illuminated green numbers. When I bought it, the display was black with light grey numbers you couldn't see at night - the bulb had blown.

The dial surround needs to come off, then the instrument pack comes out easy enough.

The rear wiper could be siezed - mine's done it twice, after summer when it's not been used much (?!?) - it has quite a long spindle which can corrode in it's housing. Doesn't blow blow fuse, just doesn't wipe. Easy enough to remove & free off, but worth checking fuse & electrical connection first.

Ian

According to my handbook, the temp should automatically display if it's under 3'c. Pressin the temp buton on the centre console should display the trmp for around 10 seconds then go back to miles.

It does also say if you press the trip reset button once while it's displaying temp, it should revert the display to miles.

fixitagaintomorrow said:
Rob,

The display on mine is black with illuminated green numbers. When I bought it, the display was black with light grey numbers you couldn't see at night - the bulb had blown.

The dial surround needs to come off, then the instrument pack comes out easy enough.

How did you go about doing this? Just dived in with screwdrivers poised or you have a manual of some kind? Remember off the top of your head the bulb type?

Just an update to say problems 1 and 2 are sorted. Temp display has sorted itself out.. Could have been a stuck switch, and I've replaced the bulb behind the dash so the numbers show up properly now. :D

Will tackle the rear wiper when I get the time to take the tailgate apart.

Back