Technical wipers problem

Currently reading:
Technical wipers problem

speedbump

hi guys need help wipers do not self park also donot work on intermitant or slow this is a marea weekend 115elx 1800 year of manufacture 2000 is likley to be a switch issue or a ecu issue if it is a switch problem will a brava or bravo switch fit i am having the ecu tested as i know that it does have faults as cooling fan does not cut in auto electriction told me that was an ecu issue.
thank for any advice

This happened to me when i got my 2nd Marea, the wipers would stay unparked, this sorted itself out after a while, and so the relay sticking seemed to me, tyo be the most likely culprit. Another weird "feature", was that in severly heavy rain, the wipers would stick ON, regardless of stalk position, again, relay seemed the most likely culprit.
I never changed the relay, as it was an very occasional annoyance, and so never made it to the top of my to do list.

hi guys need help wipers do not self park also donot work on intermitant or slow this is a marea weekend 115elx 1800 year of manufacture 2000 is likley to be a switch issue or a ecu issue if it is a switch problem will a brava or bravo switch fit i am having the ecu tested as i know that it does have faults as cooling fan does not cut in auto electriction told me that was an ecu issue.
thank for any advice

I fitted a wiper assembly from a Brava.. it worked fine after.

One was Marelli.. one was Hitachi..

Plugs were the same.. :)

Back