heating problems

Currently reading:
heating problems

my car doesnt heat up basicly the heating is warm doesnt get any hotter so you can imagine it takes for ever for the windows to clear up....not good in this weather.
iv flushed the engine as there was a lot of sh*t in the pipes, but still no luck
so before i go waste any money do you think its the thermostat or the heater matrix? or should i just replace both?

Darkwave109 said:
my car doesnt heat up basicly the heating is warm doesnt get any hotter so you can imagine it takes for ever for the windows to clear up....not good in this weather.
iv flushed the engine as there was a lot of sh*t in the pipes, but still no luck
so before i go waste any money do you think its the thermostat or the heater matrix? or should i just replace both?

Does the Sei have an engine temp guage? If so, where does it usually sit once you've warmed up the car?

if not it may be your cock :D

cento will vouch for me when i broke my cock we spent ages looking for the trouble causing it not to heat properly and would spin up the fan the cock on the matrix is prone to failing just bellow the joints see if there is any fluid under it but the thermostat i would do also as its only around a tenner for another one

It's worth flushing the heater matrix on it's own if you can, you'd be amazed by the quantity of crap I've found hiding in them in a variety of cars over the past few years.
Worst was a mates MK1 Golf GTI, I flushed and back-flushed it with a hose for about an hour before it ran clean - oddly, the heater worked well after that (y)

Back