Starting Problems so where is the Fuel Filter location on a Punto 1.1 Sx

Currently reading:
Starting Problems so where is the Fuel Filter location on a Punto 1.1 Sx

should be on the drivers side somewhere nearer the rear wheel inboard under the car

easy, but very messy (and smelly) job...unless you love the smell of petrol :laugh:

Mrcento said:
should be on the drivers side somewhere nearer the rear wheel inboard under the car

easy, but very messy (and smelly) job...unless you love the smell of petrol :laugh:

I'll order one from autosave or something tomorrow, sounds like it should be a fun job.

Martyn said:
As Mark said, it's on the driver side and from memory just in front of the rear arch.

Wont be any more than a couple of quid from Autosave or Reids! Good luck with the repair, keep us posted :)

Martyn

I found the fuel filter, disconnected the line from it that heads to the engine bay.
I then got a friend to turn over the car and fuel pissed out and a fair rate, so its safe to say my fuel filter was ok.

I then unplugged the coolant sensor (blue one by the manifold) and the car eventually started after a fair few attempts (6 or so and battery flat) :(
And idled for 5 mins or so then cut out, theres a 1/4 tank of fuel left so i'm ****ed if i know what it can be and why it keeps cutting out and taking ages to start

Anyone any ideas ?

I'm still stumped to why the car will not run :(

Back