Technical Heater matrix warranty

Currently reading:
Technical Heater matrix warranty

unawarecaesar

My heater matrix went about 2 months ago, the heating wouldn't turn on and it was turning on the lights instead. I got it changed at my mechanic, setting me back about €300. It went again there yesterday so I assume its was a faulty matrix, I assume there's a years warranty on new parts so I should get it replaced for free. I just want to know will I have to pay my mechanic for labour or should that be covered for me? Haven't talked to him yet and I want to know where I stand before I argue the point.

I'll check that but I don't think I was ripped off in the first place because it leaked before and I got it sealed in the hope of saving €300, there was a smell of coolant before I brought it in which is gone now so it was definitely the matrix before.

oh well thats different then...so u wernt ripped off as it need replacing

but just follow that guide, ive found easiest thing is to cut off the original connector and wire it using connector blocks, then bit of insulating tape and tie it up out of sight

Yaeh looks like you have/had two problems. Leaking matrix and faulty wiring. Professionals tend to replace with new parts not repair as they don't want to see the car back. Maybe your matrix and fan switch were replaced with new ones and now the wiring at the plug has given up the ghost. Ask exactly what was replaced/repaired the last time.

Back