Ducato heater fumes

Currently reading:
Ducato heater fumes

stevegibbs

hi there

i have a hymer b584 motorhome based on a ducato 2800 chassis , when the engine is warm i have fumes coming through the cab heater , has anyone experience this or does anyone have a solution . i have checked out the exhust system and that seems fine , the fumes occur either when on the road or just stationary with the engine running .
steve

Is it exhaust fumes, or engine/sump oily smell? A broken engine breather pipe, or a loose one, or even an oil filler cap left loose have given me this smell in the past. ,,, but only an oily smell, not exhaust. Where does the tailpipe end on yours? Is it near a door, locker or somewhere where there might be an access point to allow entry, maybe something has come loose? That might allow exhaust in. Check also if an engine oil smell, that the heater/fresh air inlet or underbonnet hoses (if they bring the outside air in through the engine bay) have not worked loose, if in the under the bonnet area- they could do this on my Burstner if the connections came loose and let engine room smells in. If you suspect exhaust leak, and you can get underneath, try holding a piece of smouldering string, or better yet,an incense stick in suspect area and see if the smoke gets blown by exhaust leak fumes obviously where it wasn't drifting before. In fact, maybe put one under bonnet (or where heater takes its air in from) close the bonnet and see where it is when the sweet smell of success comes into the cab! Hope u crack it.

Last edited:
Back