Doblo Heater Fan stopped

Currently reading:
Doblo Heater Fan stopped

Johnny1372008

2014 Doblo 1.6 lwb van heater fan stopped working checked fuse and is okay can’t find thermal fuse mentioned on another thread anybody experienced this
Thanks J.O.

Hi and welcome :)

Did it .. just.stop.. or become erratic ?

Does it seem to work on any of the speeds?

If its twisty knob controls:

The culprit will be ResistorPack..and its wiring

Not much current doblo info out there :eek:

But this wont be far wide of the mark:

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto/314051-heater-faq.html

Do let us know what you find :)

Charlie

Last edited:
Also where is resistor pack as fuses listed in hand book but not much else was going to try and fix but may have to give it to auto elec

Okay so took out resistor pack under glove box in the air duct and does this look gone I’m going to order new part checked motor and brushes look okay have attached pictures so I suppose replace resistor first then motor second?
Thanks J.O.

Attachments

• 425CEA13-42A2-40A3-AB52-0111FD7BE6EE.jpeg
    425CEA13-42A2-40A3-AB52-0111FD7BE6EE.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 203
  • 4AD20423-3954-4677-9F80-116DFEFE1EA0.jpeg
    4AD20423-3954-4677-9F80-116DFEFE1EA0.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 215
Favourite filure is the wiring at the plug for resistor .. give it a wiggle.. see if you get any power

I have removed fan unit and give fan 12volts of battery.. thats the simple test really.. but a 12v meter is also good

3.6.9 and 12 volts to the fan terminals if resistor circuit is good ;)

Favourite filure is the wiring at the plug for resistor .. give it a wiggle.. see if you get any power
On several VWs i owned regularly the resistors were shot. Replacing them with more heat resistant types usually solved the problem.
The fan itself usually runs slower while it is stinking before really giving up.

Ok so fitted new resistor and nothing put old one back in heater started working after I looked in both fuse compartments so must be electrical do I need to check earth as I’m not very elec savy and don’t own a multitester etc
Thanks J.O.

Ok so fitted new resistor and nothing put old one back in heater started working after I looked in both fuse compartments so must be electrical do I need to check earth as I’m not very elec savy and don’t own a multitester etc
Thanks J.O.

I removed the bladed fuse for rear window heater as it’s a van and put it in holder next to it for another heater and fan started working then stopped then would work intermittently put fuse back and blower worked then stopped and I have ckecked wiring to resistor and terminals look new so I’m thinking maybe earth somewhere?

I removed the bladed fuse for rear window heater as it’s a van and put it in holder next to it for another heater and fan started working then stopped then would work intermittently put fuse back and blower worked then stopped and I have ckecked wiring to resistor and terminals look new so I’m thinking maybe earth somewhere?

Have you used a meter to see what is happening at the motor terminals..

A bad connection..or earth..

Will be obvious if a wriggles skips voltage from 3..or4 to 12

Have you used a meter to see what is happening at the motor terminals..

A bad connection..or earth..

Will be obvious if a wriggles skips voltage from 3..or4 to 12

Well just dropped motor and cleaned commutator and now works perfectly

Hi Di you find the problem? Can you tell me where if the fuse is i can only find the only 7.5 next to the steeringwheel? Someone told me there's a 30amp fuse somewhere else ? I have zero power to the resistor

Back