Technical Headlights

Currently reading:
Technical Headlights

There is a thread somewhere on the forum (searched but cannot find it), where someone claimed that they had theirs converted by DTR (I think). I am sure that you should be able to swap the glass lenses from one set of lights to the other so in effect all you would be changing is the unit and not the lens.

Thanks, I'll look it up

i heard of a company called alfacraft (richmond) that used to convert lhd headlamps to rhd, i also thought that although the headlamps will fit the mask inside the headlamps may be a different colour (black / grey ?)

the mask inside the headlamps may be a different colour (black / grey ?)

I think that the colour on the inside was dependent on the year of manufacture, all the early ones were black, very last of the mk1 LE's has silver/grey surrounds, mk2's had grey/silver........apparently mk1 and mk2 headlamp units are interchangeable, although I have not swapped any units myself.....

I have an old drivers side lamp that I got when I bought the car so I had a fiddle to see if there was any easy way to convert between lhd and rhd, but there doesn't seem to be. It would be easier if we could get lamps from abroad.

Then I realised as Magicmole pointed out – the lens part comes away from the headlight casing so it would be possible. If only there were cheaper headlights out there.

New lights look pretty good. I got 2 new ones courtesy of the insurance after herself's little cross country. Not cheap. £300 each, that was through a bodyshop so 'after market' price could be half that..

Back