Technical Headlamp Bulbs

Currently reading:
Technical Headlamp Bulbs

Hi All,Just wandering if anyone has had anything to do with these?
I was Thinking of getting some to fit ready for the winter.

Need to know what anyone recons...Pros/Cons?

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H7-Ring-XENON-Ultima-120-Headlamp-Bulb-55W-pair.html

There is a lot of info. on the forum about different preferences re change of headlamp bulbs (dipped). I go for Philips Xtreme vision, but there is also an Osram equivalent and of course others. It is down to choice.

The bulbs are not difficult to change except you have to be careful with the drivers's side as the fuse box restricts dexterity of the fingers.

You will also see threads on changing, DRL's and Main Beam, if you do a search. This requires removing the panel in the wheel arch. Best way for this is to remove the wheel first unless you have small hands.

No doubt other members will be forthcoming with more advice on the subject. We do have a wealth of expertise on this forum and over the time I have been a participant have learned a lot.

A big thumbs up for Philips Extreme Vision.
Small improvement on headlights but BIG improvement on DRL / high beam.

The bulbs are not difficult to change except you have to be careful with the drivers's side as the fuse box restricts dexterity of the fingers.

QUOTE]

Apologies this should red passenger side

The Twins
Do Philips make extra bright T20 bulbs for the DRLs? I was looking for some with a whiter light a while ago but couldn't find anything legal. I replaced the high beam (wheelarch) bulbs with Osram Night breaker Plus, but the DRL/Parking bulbs are still the standard T20s. The Osrams are a big improvement.

Not sure Trev, I only have experience of Philips extreme vision. The difference between stock was as described previously. I wasn't really concerned with how white they looked to onlookers, just how good they were from behind the wheel and I haven't tried any others but am very please with results (comparing to original spec and to Xenons on BMW 135i)

Seriously need to sort my main beams out on my 500 with new bulbs. I swear the main beam on the 500 has the same effect as putting the front fogs on in my Ka. :bang:

Back