General head swap

Currently reading:
General head swap

perfectpercy

Can i swap a 1.2 16v head off a r reg punto, to go on a x reg 1.2 16v brava ? as the head gasket on the brava has gone. ?

Yes it fits :)

As your car is X reg, do you have a cable throttle or motorised throttle?

If motorised, its a lot of work. Different exhaust manifold is the main problem.

See my thread from the link below, somewhere on that page or the next is the 2 heads side by side :)

Plus the mk1 Punto has double springs and a higher lift inlet cam ;)

Linky
Thanks for the input. i have decided to get the old head skimmed. Problem now is, i have taken the cam belt off the pully. and then removed the pully from the cam. will this be easy to time after the skim, or have made a boo boo ! I have got the point where i am ready to remove the cam cover, i thought that the allen key bolts, or so i thought they were bolts, on the cam cover, i then find that the bolts that hold it on are inside the cam cover. i have ordered a haynes manual, as i thought it best to, and will not go further until i read about cylinder head removal. the bolts for the cam cover , are they captive bolts, because if i undo them they may fall into the cam cover, which looks like it is all one complete box, and the cams come out from the ends, and not from the top. i have done lots of cylinder heads in my time, but not one quite like this one.

Back