General Head Gasket HELP!!

Currently reading:
General Head Gasket HELP!!

I'm currently looking for a Stilo and i have found a few but another one has come up, but it says that the head gasket has gone, and i have no idea about engines and everything, just wondering how easy it is to replace and how much, is this what i will need?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-MULTIPLA-STILO-1-6-16V-2001-on-HEAD-GASKET-SET_W0QQitemZ130328856826QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item1e583488fa&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

It is a 1.6 2002 3dr Stilo, if someone could help me asap and direct me in the right direction that would be great, the auction ends on saturday and was hoping to go view it tomorrow but dont want to go there if it's a waste of time,

And also the driver side door card is broken, the handle has broken off, does anyone have any idea where and how much a new one would be?

Thanks

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
there are plenty of 1.6 stilo's knocking about so why even consider one with a blown head gasket :confused:

In answer to your question the head gasket is not a big job to do, what makes it a pain is the amount of striping to get the head off and you must ask yourself "why has the HG gone?"
sorry for being negative but a diy HG change should be left to people with all the knowledge and the confidence to tackle a big job like that otherwise it's off to a garage to get sorted which will probably cost you the same as buying a good un (y)

Well, i know it seems stupid to buy it, but it's just come up and it's just down the road, all the other ones i have found are about 70 miles away ( which are in my budget )

My cousin is a mechanic so it shouldn't be a problem to get it sorted, do you know how much about it would be to get that fixed from a garage?

And also have you got any idea about the door card, here is the ebay listing for the car

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-FIAT-STI...s_UK?hash=item588361f65b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
My cousin is a mechanic so it shouldn't be a problem to get it sorted, do you know how much about it would be to get that fixed from a garage?

]

why not ask your Cousin... Not been funny but if he works at a garage he might be able to get you the bits cheaper from a trade factors or the like (nothing quiet like mates / family rates) ;)

I have asked him, but he can be a miserable c*nt at times lol, and he's conned another family member out of abit of money, i trust his word that he can fix it, but not sure about the price, he's said £250, is that reasonable?

You are looking at a bill of about £450 not including fixing the root cause of the problem which could be the good old water pump(common fault) sorry to dampen your day with that
BUT on the brighter side you can use this http://www.steelseal.co.uk/ (y)

Leave that one alone...

With any car, but especially a Stilo the key is a good, complete maintainance history and obvious signs of care.

You WILL regret it if you buy it, there are plenty out there, I would & have travelled 250 miles for "the right car".

Last edited:
Cheers mate that one looks really nice actually, but it's not really in my price range, and it's got a few things done to it already, take the fun out of it :D lol, but thats for looking for me, you guys on here are dead helpfull (y)

Back