General Hay! looks like i'll be joining you guys!

Currently reading:
General Hay! looks like i'll be joining you guys!

i'm hoping to get a red/maroon one, i dont want a diesel anymore, even if i cant keep the car long it will be fun to have :D i need a little excitment in my life atm, oh i would settle for a black one if somthing good comes up.

I've got a black one on an 02 plate. K&N filter and goes like sh*t off a shovel.(y) only 24 MPG though beware!!!(n)

trumpeter said:
I've got a black one on an 02 plate. K&N filter and goes like sh*t off a shovel.(y) only 24 MPG though beware!!!(n)

its really not that much of a tradegy for me that the MPG is so low, just college 2 days a week and a weekend cruise, i have £30/week for petrol atleast (y)

my uno was feeling exceptionally slow today :( i think i just ran into alot of big cars..... is my car getting slower or are those lorry's getting nippy now?

Hellcat said:
How much are you expecting to splash out? Willing to travel to get one?

i'm expecting around the £1000 mark, can probably afford £1100 as long as it has a long tax, must have long MOT and cambelt changed looking for about 70,000 miles on the clock but less would be a bonus.

i'm willing to travel a fair distance just not more than about 70 miles each way

and most importantly it absoloutly HAS to be the 155 1999-2001 otherwise i cant insure it

A-autotrading we shall go...

1k with cambelt done might be pushing it. You do better looking for one without the belt done - and get it done yourself. Try to save yourself the cost of the work. Plus you'll feel more secure knowing it was done properly.

Hellcat said:
A-autotrading we shall go...

1k with cambelt done might be pushing it. You do better looking for one without the belt done - and get it done yourself. Try to save yourself the cost of the work. Plus you'll feel more secure knowing it was done properly.

but its oh so expensive to get the belt done and i cant do it myself, you offering hellcat?

EDIT: i would go higher milage if the cambelts been done just dont want to exceed 100,000 miles

Last edited:
If you're not keeping it long, a 100k miler which runs sweet might not cause you any troubles.

Incidentally I get 28mpg, or 30 if I'm gentle - but the hours I work mean I don't do queue traffic.
Or gentle driving!

fixitagaintomorrow said:
If you're not keeping it long, a 100k miler which runs sweet might not cause you any troubles.

Incidentally I get 28mpg, or 30 if I'm gentle - but the hours I work mean I don't do queue traffic.
Or gentle driving!

maybe i should get a high milage one to 'test out' ?

Back