Haven Holidays

Currently reading:
Haven Holidays

I have just returned from a monday-friday stay at Haven Holidays in Pwyllheli, N Wales.

This isnt really something I would go for, but a half board deal at just £99 for the two of us was worth giving a go, we hadnt been on holiday for over 10 years.

I was amazed at how good it was, value for money was second to none, the breakfasts and evening meals was superb in food quality, and choice.

Accomodation was basic, but hey, it did its job, was clean, and everythign worked, bed was super comfy too.

Didnt go there for the entertainment, but what I saw of it it seemed very good, of course - its aimed at kids, which there were a lot of.

Overall, I would recommend anyone to go there, was worth the £ just for the food, never mind the accomodation.

(y)

Has anyone else been there?

Last edited:
that must be the camp that used to be butlins pwyllheli when i went about 15 years ago lol

and year these holidays arnt o be sniffed at for a bargain like you say you get accomodation and nice food for cheap price even is you just use the place as base to travel from.

for example. my parents just going away 5th - 9th may at skegness butlins. they wanted to go to various places around there they staying in silver accomdation level. with breakfart and 3 course evneing meal inlcudded not to mention any evenings entertainment if they stay on sight al for £160 for the pair of. got it on late deal but they allways have good offers late online. you cant lose

Yeah, the old butlins, we went there too about 12 years ago, its changed a lot since then though.

We used the place as a base too, ideal for that, could not get b&b plus two meals a day for that money, no way

We went to back rock sands, driving the car on the beach, was amazing!!

If your parents like car racing, tell them to go to skegness stadium for some banger and stockcar racing, www.skegness-stadium.info to check the fixtures, its me who does their website I do a lot of stuff for oval racing promotions.

I went there a good few years back and it was basic and cheesy but fun, these places have come a long way faced with the competition from cheap overseas travel (y)

cheesy and basic are good terms to use.

I am not posh by any standard, but I would go as far as to say that the typical customer there probably shop at the £1 shop and Primark among others.

However, what I liked was the fact that everybody there was in a similar situation to us, at the time of booking money was scarce, it was a superb deal, when there though the people there were just ordinary fellas and their wifes /gf's, most of the fellas have beer bellies, and most of the ladies were not an awful size 8 but in fact just normal

I have been in many B&B's in the past but they could not offer up anything similar to the Haven Deal.

Most people find their entertainmant at the facilities there, they are good - but mostly aimed at kids.

We did other things in the day, trip on the porthmadog to blaunau railway was great

A trip to bedgellert, a trip to blaunau via car, etc
trip to abersoch, pwlhelli and criccieth for a nice brew and jacket potato for one dinner.

going back to the food and accom, but mainly the food. Once you have checked in to the food hall, you are welcome to eat as much as you like, food is served much like a canteen where you have your tray and slide it along, some stuff is put on your plate by the chef, others you just help yourself, I load my plate to an amount I know I can eat - other fellas were loading them up with loads of food, then going back for another 3!!

fav for me was breakfast, bacon, egg [either a poached, or omlette] sausages , baked beans, mushrooms, etc

Food in general was very nice, and had a home cooked feel to it, I cleaned my plate evertime, and there was also free tea, coffee. cappucino, ffesh fruit juice etc
I would definatly go again, but this next time in my Cinq!!

a haven holiday was hell on earth for me 2 years ago. i still have flashbacks to the bradley and rory entertainment show, and sometimes when i'm stressed i start to sing the songs. i thought about claiming compensation, but i had already signed the disclaimer.

Last edited:
Back