Has there been a site re-design recently?

Currently reading:
Has there been a site re-design recently?

RDS

I haven't been away for that long but the site seems to have changed. For the worse, in my view.

It is really difficult to use and the screen is littered with ads to the extent that I can hardly see a useable part to read or draft a comment. Complexity AND untidiness do not go well together. At least fiats are usually complex but tidy!!

What's going on?

Solution
Clicking the link back here from your email notification has less clutter but still numerous boxes to be closed re push notifications and other things.
Thinking about this, if you haven't logged in since last November, then your first views here would have been as a guest (that's when the whole system changed, it wasn't just a design) at the login session didn't carry over.

That would also explain why you're getting all the popups (gdpr, push notifications) as they need to be accepted/rejected (just the once)

And push notifications are why I can respond so fast, as they are basically instant alerts and very useful!
I haven't been away for that long but the site seems to have changed. For the worse, in my view.

It is really difficult to use and the screen is littered with ads to the extent that I can hardly see a useable part to read or draft a comment. Complexity AND untidiness do not go well together. At least fiats are usually complex but tidy!!

What's going on?
Something isn't right then, as a logged in member you should just have one little ad at the top and one at the bottom after the last post.

Nothing has been changed in that respect.

If you aren't logged in, then there will be one at the top then after every 3 posts or so. (That's new)

Desktop nothing changed at all.

Could you post a screenshot?

Something isn't right then, as a logged in member you should just have one little ad at the top and one at the bottom after the last post.

Nothing has been changed in that respect.

If you aren't logged in, then there will be one at the top then after every 3 posts or so. (That's new)

Desktop nothing changed at all.

Could you post a screenshot?
Hello Ben

thanks for the swift reply; I did not expect anything on a Sunday!! I was just about to go outside and work on the car.

Yes I was logged in but there was a large ad, some had an embedded video playing, every other post.

Clicking the link back here from your email notification has less clutter but still numerous boxes to be closed re push notifications and other things.

I must rush now but if the confused page returns later I will try to upload a show using the attach files tool.

Thanks again!

RDS

Thinking about this, if you haven't logged in since last November, then your first views here would have been as a guest (that's when the whole system changed, it wasn't just a design) at the login session didn't carry over.

That would also explain why you're getting all the popups (gdpr, push notifications) as they need to be accepted/rejected (just the once)

And push notifications are why I can respond so fast, as they are basically instant alerts and very useful!

Solution
aha so that is what Push is for! I just reply on the email notifications. I must have logged in since November though, I am always getting into trouble with something! Thank you very much

Back