Technical Has anyone fitted a Fiat 500 Abarth twin outlet back box to panda 100

Currently reading:
Technical Has anyone fitted a Fiat 500 Abarth twin outlet back box to panda 100

Tmc1956

Hi, I have the back box of a Fiat abarth 500 with twin outlet on my panda. A major problem is that there is so much movement in the exhaust. It’s possible to rock the far box up and down on its hangers which means of course that the weight is not supported correctly at all. On the box there are three hanger points. Two at the front on the exhaust inlet side and a 3rd at the rear on the other side. On my car the 3rd hanger is not being used as there is nothing to hang it too. So my question is. Should there be some sort of middle position support for the exhaust and as anyone fitted one of these exhaust rear box’s using all three hangers.

here's the standard setup I normally see

what I can't be sure is if Fiat has ever fitted anything different. But I doubt it

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 38
Thanks it must be the middle hanger not fitted, as I can rock the back box to a great degree. In fact it jumps all over.

The Abarth bumper has two exhaust divots. The 100HP rear bumper has only one. Do you really want to hack into your rear bumper?

Hi, I am going to remove the twin outlet exhaust as it makes to much noise for me

The Abarth has no rear rear silencer box probably because the turbo reduces exhaust noise at source.

Are you sure? I can show you a picture of my Abarth backbox.... There is no middle silencer, but the 100HP didn't have one either.
My Abarth had a straight pipe when I bought it. Way too loud for my taste (despite the turbo), so I refitted the original backbox that came with the car and sold the straight pipe.
Anyway.... Abarth has a huge silencer between the two pipes at the back.

gr J

I've fitted one on my MJ, although it's slightly different as it's a straight through stainless.

I used the original hanger on the left, and then welded on a hanger on the right. It does need the extra hanger otherwise it will move all over the place.

Attachments

• IMG_20210821_082915.jpg
    IMG_20210821_082915.jpg
    653 KB · Views: 28
Are you sure? I can show you a picture of my Abarth backbox.... There is no middle silencer, but the 100HP didn't have one either.
My Abarth had a straight pipe when I bought it. Way too loud for my taste (despite the turbo), so I refitted the original backbox that came with the car and sold the straight pipe.
Anyway.... Abarth has a huge silencer between the two pipes at the back.

gr J
strange

the only 100hp I have seen had a centre box ? maybe different year or foreign market ?

I must have been looking at Abarth soup up systems. :oops:

100HP has an absorbent middle box about 2ft long and a baffle back box that looks like any other Panda but with larger pipes and a fancy end trim.

One big box behind the bumper with baffles and wadding will do the job of two separate boxes.

Back