Technical Ground/battery issue?

Currently reading:
Technical Ground/battery issue?

Hello, I was out driving my Fiat today and noticed as the drive went on a few strange symptoms started to appear:

-Dash indicator lights became dim
-High beams were about half brightness when I got home
-Acceleration became a lot more labored, towards the end it was very slow from first gear and into second, but oddly it would just kick out of that behavior and accelerate just fine a few meters later (like it was an intermittent thing)

I have already replaced the whole ignition system, ground strap, rebuilt the carb, rebuilt the starter, has a 4 year old battery and it's been fine until today.

Has anyone experienced something similar? :confused:

I would first get your battery checked then your charger be it dynamo or alternator. Also if you have a dynamo you have the control box to check as per book.You may check voltage when first running which may point you in the right direction.

4 years is sometimes the limit for a battery

Superb!
It’s amazing but it’s a simple car and I swear that most of the faults are simple things. But we run around looking for the complicated.
I recall mine not starting and pulling my hair out.
In the end it was the oil dipstick tip touching and grounding / shorting the condenser! A 2mm flick to rotate and broom

Back