Technical Grande Punto Ongoing Electrica issues

Currently reading:
Technical Grande Punto Ongoing Electrica issues

chr1sd

recently had an ecu issue causing car to not run. replaced the ecu and now the car starts and runs fine but i am having issues with the dashboard display.

issues-
so i noticed the clocks dont activate when you open the door. im sure they used to show the time / mileage.

When you turn the ignition key, the speedo and rev counter flicker for a couple of seconds and then the clocks light up. few seconds later im getting airbag failure warming displayed.

then it decided to start displaying everything in spanish and KMh. changed the language and units back to english and mph, but once you turn the key off and on it went back to spanish :bang: only way to stop it was to disconnect ecu / battery and reconnect. still getting the issues above though.

its had a recent battery and have ran it through a full charging cycle, but made not difference.

Plugged my MES diagnostic cable in and now it wont see the interface. :bang: i have connected my hand held scanner and its not getting power from the obd2 socket.

any ideas?

This started only after the ECU was changed?

no its been doing it before as well, but i hadnt really noticed it as the car wouldn't run before. ive connected the old ecu back in and it does the same.

looks like a permanent power supply to the dash is missing. as when you take the key out the time disappears and any settings you make in the dash menu is lost. when you open the car, you get no power / display on the dashboard until you turn the ignition on. and even then it takes a second or 2 for the dash to come alive.

never known a car with 34k miles have so many electrical issues :confused:

Re: Grande Punto Ongoing Electrica issues - Fixed

Easy Fix. was Fuse 2 behind the glove box. didn't look faulty just not inserted properly. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the update Chris !

just by pure curiosity, have you tried your old ECU with the fuse correctly inserted ... ?

Cheers, Bernie

just by pure curiosity, have you tried your old ECU with the fuse correctly inserted ... ?

Cheers, Bernie

Now THAT is a very good question....:slayer:

The original issue resumes with old Ecu connected. the fuse was just power to dash and obd2 socket.

BRs, Bernie

Back