Grande Punto 1.9MJ Sporting insurance

Currently reading:
Grande Punto 1.9MJ Sporting insurance

Garree001

Ohhh my, yes.
Hi all

My car insurance is up for renewal and I am finding that I am getting some plainly ridiculous quotes for my car this time round! There are no changes from my last policy to now, except that I am a year older and have an extra year's no claims discount (all good or so I thought...).

My last car was a 1.8 Vauxhall Astra SRi which was in group 9, the supposed group for the GP is 6. I have found that there is a new group rating for cars which has 50 insurance groups and the GP is generally rated at an equivalent level at the SRi.

Does anyone know why the quotes are coming out at so much more this time round? The Astra re-newed at 800 odd and now for a car with 3 insurance groups lower on its side, I am being quoted over a grand. Anyone else found this since changing to a GPS?

It's also annoying as one of the key factors for me getting this car was a lower premium, when all I am finding now is that it is blatantly not and in almost all cases costs more to keep me on the road!

Ta

Last edited:
I have confirmed my details and I have found a couple of slightly cheaper quotes, but it's just been much more difficult being able to do so this time. I just find it crazy that many insurers seem to be quoting so much for this car when I compared the results to my Astra.

Been on various comparison websites and then gone back to the actual insurer as the information the comparison sites take off you rarely gets through accurately. A well known one managed to forget a claim I told it...

Was just wondering whether anyone was having the same issues with prices being much more rigid. At my age, I should be saving year on year!

Might be different for you, but have you tried getting a quote with Aviva? Found them nearly £300 cheaper than other places.

Thanks for the recommendation, but Aviva were £880 lol. This is the average quote I have been getting. I have managed to find a reasonable quote now, but as I said, i was just very surprised at how tough it was to find one this time.

I think the insurance companies are colluding with one another to raise the cost of premiums. Much in the same way as the the energy companies do :mad::p

Finally bothered to do my insurance! :D

I went with Bell. I have heard terrible things about their customer service, but they did have a very much lower quote. Am getting fully comprehensive insurance, with a guranteed hire care thrown in, breakdown cover (the top one minus EU cover), protected no-claims discount and a happy American lady on the phone! The excess is £360 too. Many of the ones I was coming across were expecting me to pay £500+ on excess. One was £900 on a 2 grand policy :eek:

All in for £500 squid, which is not bad for London - believe me!!

Back