General GPS TJet vs MJet vs 500 Sport !

Currently reading:
General GPS TJet vs MJet vs 500 Sport !

Male most certainly thank you :)

500 homosexual ? Gay car of the year ?? Maybe lol!! ;) but i didn't pass a single male driver of a Punto this morning on my commute; must have seen at least 10 GPs including a mjet sporting in orange, and all seemed to be driven by women in the late 30s and 40s, especially the mjet doing under 50mph on the m56 :(:(

Buying a 500 means you have lots of girlies asking about your car - let me think about that one for a minute :D

Feel sorry for you if you need a car to get female attention :p

As the former owner of an Active Sport 1.4 I test drove the 500 and thought it was even worse around the twisties. Body roll and rubber lifeless steering.
The diesel pulled well but in the end I went and bought another Golf.
More easily accessible performance with plenty of low down torque and excellent build quality. About same price as 1.4 500 Sport (virtually no discount on them). Slightly better fuel economy as well esp. as the Fiat engine has to be driven round the tacho to get equivalent performance.
No contest.
Even my local dealer had to admit the Fiats (GP, 500 & Bravo) all have turgid 1.4 NA engines in their base models.

You will struggle to see over 30mpg from a T-jet imo. I havent managed it so far lol

This week i decided to see what the best mpg i could get out of my t-jet. From a 50 mile trip (over a number of short journeys) i managed 38.1mpg. This was seriously difficult to do though and when i drive normally i struggle to get over 30mpg.God knows how people are getting 45mpg. For me to achieve that, i would have to do a 100mile trip on a mainly down hill motorway in the left hand lane toddling along in fifth at 50mph.

Anyone know why one t-jet can come out of the factory and achieve 30mpg when thrashed yet another can only get 30mpg when driven very sensibly? What is it that is causing such a difference?

Last edited:
same with m-jets! ssying he got 48 from a short drive about town well i can't get that from a constant 60 mile run as sensible speeds seems some cars aee way better than others for some reason

Didn't realise you were insecure enough in your own sexuality to let a car change you.

Hardly

Would you drive a bright pink micra convertible around all day? I doubt it.
And for the same reason I wouldn't drive fiat 500.

I'm quite secure with my sexuality, anybody on this forum who knows me will tell you that, but I don't walk around in a fluffy jockstrap to prove it.

got to admit, the 500 does look like a ladies car, as much as the micra does!!:p

From previous post I believe Percymon is a ladies man so that would work then wouldn't it?

Edit: Micra is designed to look like a 500. It's what Nissan does. Takes Europes best looking cars then rips them off because they can't design crap. ;)

From previous post I believe Percymon is a ladies man so that would work then wouldn't it?

Edit: Micra is designed to look like a 500. It's what Nissan does. Takes Europes best looking cars then rips them off because they can't design crap. ;)

yeah, thats true, but they're also very reliable!!:p

mmm let me think, a 500, or a GPS? a no brainer really!!:D

But OP would lose his?

Not necessarily. I just personally think they are a particularly feminine car, I have the same view of minis, suzuki swifts, micras, clios, (not renaultsport ones) KAs etc. Thats just me. I don't think anything less of a bloke who drives one of these but I think its fair to say a few have a wiff of lavendar about them...

Not necessarily.
Sorry was confused by this post.

Don't get a 500 if you want to keep your sexuality.

I just personally think they are a particularly feminine car, I have the same view of minis, suzuki swifts, micras, clios, (not renaultsport ones) KAs etc. Thats just me. I don't think anything less of a bloke who drives one of these but I think its fair to say a few have a wiff of lavendar about them...

Yet many consider the GP to be very feminine in it's design. I would definately say it's no more masculine than a Clio or Swift. Also to say you don't think any less of someone who drives one but warn them not to because they will look like they are gay contradicts itself.

Sorry was confused by this post.

Also to say you don't think any less of someone who drives one but warn them not to because they will look like they are gay contradicts itself.

Why confused?

I'm not cotradicting myself unless you are accusing me of being prejudice to people with different sexual orientations? I couldn't care less if somebody is gay or not, the reason I don't like to look like one is not becuase I don't like gays, its because I'm not gay.

Why confused?

I'm not cotradicting myself unless you are accusing me of being prejudice to people with different sexual orientations? I couldn't care less if somebody is gay or not, the reason I don't like to look like one is not becuase I don't like gays, its because I'm not gay.

Your first post said he would lose his sexuality if he got one. your second post said you wouldn't lose yours though. In your third post you said he might not lose his sexuality. :confused:

Nobody said anything about being prejudice other than yourself. Nobody said anything about needing to prove their sexuality apart from you.
Most people don't buy or use cars to prove their sexual orientation.

Your first post said he would lose his sexuality if he got one. your second post said you wouldn't lose yours though. In your third post you said he might not lose his sexuality. :confused:

Nobody said anything about being prejudice other than yourself. Nobody said anything about needing to prove their sexuality apart from you.
Most people don't buy or use cars to prove their sexual orientation.

I made the first comment as a general perception amd that maybe their sexual orientation would be questioned, I didn't say it was a bad thing, i just don't think a fiat 500 with pretty stripes and dots is my kind of car, Like I said before, you wouldn't drive a pink micra convertible over something else and given the choice you would have a less 'girly' car.

I agree people don't buy cars to prove sexual orientation, they buy something they like, but more often than not people buy a car that looks good to them with a hope that other people will think it looks good as they drive along. Whether admitted or not, looks and perception are taken into account when buying a car, I personally think the 500 is a girly car and I know that others perceive it like that aswell, i'm not a girl so I won't buy one. If others think differently then so be it.

Last edited:
I take it you are male. Don't get a 500 if you want to keep your sexuality. Lets be honest they're pretty homosexual

I made the first comment as a general perception amd that maybe their sexual orientation would be questioned, I didn't say it was a bad thing, i just don't think a fiat 500 with pretty stripes and dots is my kind of car, Like I said before, you wouldn't drive a pink micra convertible over something else and given the choice you would have a less 'girly' car.

I agree people don't buy cars to prove sexual orientation, they buy something they like, but more often than not people buy a car that looks good to them with a hope that other people will think it looks good as they drive along. Whether admitted or not, looks and perception are taken into account when buying a car, I personally think the 500 is a girly car and I know that others perceive it like that aswell, i'm not a girl so I won't buy one. If others think differently then so be it.
:(

Right so if I've read things right, you're after something that isnt going to cost the earth to run but will put a smile on your face during the daily commute....

The M-Jet is a bit of a false econemy unless you're racking up in excess of 20k miles a year. The only reason I still own mine is because I've lost so much on it in such a short space of time, I'm biding my time until insurance is due for renewal (Sorry fellow M-Jet guys, I just cant get along with diesel, I miss my petrol too much :eek: )

The T-Jet would be good fun but varied replies lead me to believe that fuel consumption can be a bit hit and miss. Plus if I read right, you already have a weekend toy tucked away at home.

That leaves the GP Sporting 1.4 16v and the 500 Sport 1.4 16v. Both of these should have enough power and dynamics to put a smile on your face while staying within an acceptable fuel consumption.

Of these two I think the GP will be the cheaper purchase considering the 500 is still holding near enough brand new prices on the second hand market. It's too early to tell if the 500 is going to see Fiat's typical depreciation or if it's going to do a BMW Mini on us and hold prices pretty much on-par with a new one for a while.

I actually really like the 500, was very tempted to test drive the 1.4 16v Sport the other month but personally I think my money would be on the GP 1.4 16v Sporting if I was in your situation.

These are just my opinions based on how I've deciphered the OP's situation.

Back