Technical GP key replication

Currently reading:
Technical GP key replication

shlomig

Hi everyone,
I am from Israel and recently I bought a 2008 Grande Punto and It came with only one key.
Quotes for a completely new one are ridiculously high (420$), and I was just wondering if anyone knows if its possible to buy a second hand key fob from another car, reprogram it to may car and have the blade changed? The dealership in Israel says its impossible because the key have to come directly from the manufacturer in Italy with a chip for my specific car.
If its possible can you please explain the process to me and estimate the cost.

Thanks a lot.

have seen blanks on ebay before but you would still need it lazer cut and programing by fiat dealer, but the main thing is that you should have been given a spare key for your car when you picked it up programed only thing is it's not got remote for central locking or boot release:(

Thanks for your help.

Does it mean that there is no other way then ordering from the Fiat dealership and paying the ridiculous price?
What about all the people that sell those keys on cgi.ebay.com?

/BN-Genuine-Fiat-3-Button-Flip-Key-Barrels-Code-/260656649775?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cb058d62f

/FIAT-BRAVA-PANDA-SCUDO-STILO-ETC-3-BUTTON-FLIP-KEY-FOB-/180551891953?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a09bb3bf1

can those keys be reprogramed?

Back