Technical GP 3 Door Wind Noise

Currently reading:
Technical GP 3 Door Wind Noise

flatcap

I have recently purchased a new GP 1.4 Sport 3 Door, of which i must say generally i am pleased with. Can anyone tell me if they find the ‘Wind Noise’ which i guess comes from the Mirrors around 50MPH annoying? Is it a bad design or does anyone have a fix?. Thanks

Hi, well seems to be the only logical answer, do you think the car suffers from excess noise or is it my years of driving a BMW?. Thanks :eek:

it is also dependant on the tyres fitted to the car as some produced more road noise than others.

mines fine normally. i do however get some turbulent noise from my wheels as the spokes stick out a bit.

Can anyone tell me if they find the ‘Wind Noise’ which i guess comes from the Mirrors around 50MPH annoying? Is it a bad design or does anyone have a fix?

Never had this problem (though I've never gone pass 3rd) :D

I have recently purchased a new GP 1.4 Sport 3 Door, of which i must say generally i am pleased with. Can anyone tell me if they find the ‘Wind Noise’ which i guess comes from the Mirrors around 50MPH annoying? Is it a bad design or does anyone have a fix?. Thanks

mine does it but once you turn the stereo up you cant hear it! (y)

But seriously you can't expect it to be completely silent whilst you're at speed?

well i just did the *limit* down a dual carraigeway with the radio off for the first time.

the interior cabin was surprisingly quite while cruising along in 5th.

i was surprised. any other "supermini" would probably be deafening at speed.

push it to your engines limit grandej, this will have to be on a private road etc not on an open road! but there is plenty of road noise then when your going 105.

Back