General Got pulled over yesterday on way to work

Currently reading:
General Got pulled over yesterday on way to work

John Lawley

Was very strange cause i wasn't speeding :lol:

Wanted a quick chat to find out if i'd bought it recently etc cause it came up on the computer as SORN still so i showed him the tax disc and explained that i'd got it last week :lol: good comunication between goverment deptartments as ever :lol:

from john

The DVLA is roughly about a month or too behind. When everything is running smoothly (n)

Dose depend on the pervious owner of the vehicle sending back form soon as, most put it off. (n)

Stuart DemonD said:
They must have had ANPR in their car - I presume this ties into DVLA records as well....

Still, not nice being pulled by the Police.

no made me miss the bus i needed to get from the depot to the bus station :lol:

from john

did anyone watch road wars with the dvla roadblock? on the spot £80 fine plus a £120 retainer fee when they tow your car away. only on producing proof of tax do you get the car and £120 back.
so you need to have at least £280ish in cash.not really worth dodging tax for that

They are so bang on Tax it is untrue. I had to SORN my car today for two days worth.
People getting done in the papers because of not conforming to 'Continuous taxation' they are getting hit for £80 fines on cars they don't own anymore for a weeks worth of tax a year ago. :confused:
Got to stay on top people.

Been reliably informed by the DVLA enforcement officers (one of the school mums), it takes 6 weeks for the DVLA to update their records when you buy tax etc. even if they scan the document into the system. Which brings me to question how many people have received £80 'instant' fines in error? After my car being picked up and put on their truck when I had a valid tax disc on display I believe many people have incurred alot of needless timewasting and expense.

Giacosa said:
Did they breathlyse you? They seem to do it by default these days.

surpriseingly enough no, i guess seeing as i was wearing my bus driving uniform (it's my job, i'm not one of these sad bastard bus spotters...) They didn't think there was any point - although i'm all for on the spot drugs and alchol testing :D because i do niether :lol: (y)

from john

JOHN ! you don't do drugs and alcahol ? ///////////
Have you got a hobby ? :rolleyes:

Moding fixing and sorting out other peopels cars (mainly mondeos/fords), the panda is getting a clock and a new stereo and possibly what ever it is that give s a 4x4 54bhp instead of 45bhp, does anyone know what it is?

from john

John Lawley said:
and possibly what ever it is that give s a 4x4 54bhp instead of 45bhp, does anyone know what it is?
AFAIK

The 4x4 has 50bhp, which is mostly from the cam.
The ignition is kept spot on by virtue of an electronic distributor (get the matching coil as well if you do this, as it is a lower voltage type).

If you got the complete head off a dead one (carb and distributor as well) I expect you'd get the extra (the jets in the carb are probably different, but I couldn't quote you the figures).

I doubt if it's worth the effort though, as a good 45bhp FIRE will surprise most things up to 20 odd MPH, and beyond that it's difficult to compete with something which has tens or hundreds more BHP, regardless of what you do to it.

It's a Panda. Enjoy it as it was meant to be.

Regards

John H

P.S.
54bhp is the later Selecta ('93 on), which has a SPI 1108 engine.
The SPI head generally doesn't have a hole for the mechanical fuel pump drive pin.

Back