General Got my HGT remapped by Angeltuning

Currently reading:
General Got my HGT remapped by Angeltuning

Well just got back from a rolling road session, i havent got a before reading so no way to compare the gains, a standard HGT155 should hit 154BHP@6,500 and 137lb/ft@3,750

Mine topped out at 160BHP@6500rpm and 145lb/ft@3750rpm it holds over 140lb/ft all the way to about 5,000rpm where it peaks again at about 143lb/ft.

Thats between 6-8 BHP short of the claimed gains from angeltuning but spot on for the gains in torque. Im a bit flumoxed at the moment, im very happy with the difference i can feel in the delivery and it is without a doubt faster than it was but at the same time its not got the 166-167BHP advertised. Guess im just disappointed at not hitting mid 160's :eek: but then i dont know what it was producing before hand.

what do you guys think? im still within the 14day money back/standard map period.

Is hard to say without having a drive of the car, and as you say without it RR before you've nothing to base it on. Does it feel better etc? As with any remap i wouldnt say it was advertised as being 166bhp as every car is different, i guess that was there predicted increase. But main thing is how you feel, ie better power delivery etc. Was it just a new map put on i asume, as oposed to a RR map.

its made a really noticable difference! Low down torque and response is greatly improved and the top end seems to have a bit more bite to it.

but its totally transformed my car, im gonna have to be carful with the loud peddle from now on cos it punches out of corners a lot harder than it used to.

Highly recommend getting it done!

Think you answered your own question before you asked it! :D

Stop saying bad thing about expected power, your giving me second thoughts about wether to cancel Friday! :p

Think you answered your own question before you asked it! :D

Stop saying bad thing about expected power, your giving me second thoughts about wether to cancel Friday! :p

to be honest i think its a case of me hoping to see 168bhp on the graph and then seeing 160 and i was a bit disapointed, it didnt help that the car before me was a new R32 which put out damn near 260BHP.

the quoted figure is 155bhp as standard, but that means a new car can easily have 150-160bhp, and realistically an older car would have 144-155bhp. you could have seen no gain at all, or a 15bhp gain, you'll never really know without an independant before and after RR session.

its easy to fiddle the figures on a RR. you can easily get a 2-3% gain on paper without doing any mods at all if you know how to fiddle the RR. thats why i would never let the mapper do the RR sessions.

even if you only got 5bhp thats still a peak gain of 3.25%, which is a bigger than average gain for any N/A car. especially one that is already running a performance biased map as standard. at least you know you got a real gain that you can feel no matter what the figures are, unlike the pointless claims made by filter and exhaust sellers. realistic expectations prevent disappointment.

I'd recommend chippeduk over angel tbh, just my opinion though as chippeduk do a live map specific to your car and angel just upload a file.

We will do a custom map in most cases unless we have developed a map over time and distance on the road which is where it counts, not on an artificial test, that suits the requirements - who wouldnt prefer something that has been refined over time. We even state on our information and website that we dont try and squeeze the last bhp out of an engine, its never been what we have been about, we want to give the owner the best combination of power, drivability, economy and of course longevity - any fool tuner can squeeze the last bhp out of a car and shout look at how good we are then wonder why there are so many complaints about them on the internet!

Unfortunately, the car wasnt speed tested before or after due to traffic conditions which we have done on other Bravo HGT and made considerable acceleration imrpovements on the road which says more about how the power works where it counts than on an artifical test.

We would be quite happy to put the car back to standard and see what it produced before, but the change in the way the car drives (and as the onwer has stated) shows much more than a few bhp.

Of course though, we are more than willing to give a refund to any customer who isnt happy and we dont argue the toss with them on a forum if they are unhappy...... ;)

Last edited:
No i dont think ill be going back to the original map im enjoying my new midrange to much :D . People seem to have got the wrong impression, i was unhappy that i didnt have a HGT that hit mid/high 160's i wasnt unhappy with the actual performance on the road over standard. I suppose having reported back on my RR session on the day I had it done i wasnt coming across as too happy. I would in retrospect still have the remap as its given the car more low down punch and i no longer have to wait for 4000rpm to say goodbye to TDI rep boy.

So a happy remap customer. All i need now is an exhaust that doesnt sound like a saxo with a drain pipe attached to it....die sportex die!!

How can any exhaust make that engine sound like a Paxo?

it sings from about 3,500 onwards but up to that im in sportex drone hell, still just means i get to rev it more often to shut the drain pipe up

disclaimer....the industrial sized drainpipe was fitted by the previous owner :bang:

Back