Got bored

Currently reading:
Got bored

Yeh. But if u look at it from another point of view.....

I have modded 4 cars to date. All different makes, so im not being stereotypical towards anything but FIAT. But u look at the cars being modded. They are small cars mostly. Why would you mod a family saloon? To show u have money to burn? Its not even like its done tastefully. Sure the engine would be nice, but i think there is a point where it changes from modding into building a kit car.

Personally on my coupe, all the styling parts are fiat optional extras. The tuning work is with the engine that it was "blessed" with and hence im modding or "fine tuning" to achieve more power. Im not completely transplanting a new engine in. Plus i'd like to hope i was modding tastefully aswell, not spilling 10 tins of paint on the car.

Whereas this car has just done anything to make it stand out. Sure he can be proud of it but its DEFINATELY not to everyone's taste. Sure thats what modding is about but why didnt he do it on a nicer looking car to begin with. I personally in my opinion see a waste of money. Imagine if he had spent that money on a supra or a rx7 or something else? Wow!

Ross

But that is just a hypocritical point of view....

"You can mod but mod how I want, I will only allow x and y and on cars z and t"

I know what your saying about choosing a better car but Supras and RX7s have been done to death-I dont like the Laguna but you got to admit its different. Personally I would have made it look standard-a real street sleeper. Also dont tvr use rover v8s(tuned mind) I thought they did.

richcinq said:
I know what your saying about choosing a better car but Supras and RX7s have been done to death-I dont like the Laguna but you got to admit its different. Personally I would have made it look standard-a real street sleeper. Also dont tvr use rover v8s(tuned mind) I thought they did.

Im not saying u cant mod a car u want. What im saying is that if u had that much money to burn couldnt you have made it look better? An when i entered my comment about the rx-7 and supra i thought the same thing about they have been done to death. Just giving an opinion!

Ross

jamie86 said:
Read the ebay description is not a TVR engine just the rover version...

Not strictly true.

The origin of the engine is unknown. It was found in a TVR 400i but it is belived the conversion of this engine started out life at janspeed before being finished at rovercraft. No one knows for sure

Knew I could smell BS from post one Biggie!

The conception of this particular car had came about because the Laguna is ideal for this type of engine and drivetrain combo plus if you are drunk and high on some form of truth serum you may admit to it looking nice from certain angles.

Now to the serious bit, should this tale have been gospel I would have driven down to Jamies and removed his testicles and made them into a necklace since there is a perfectly good Y10 sitting at his bit just needing some TLC to make it a rare, fast, sought after, elite road rocket!

Liam (being too lazy to add similies, those that kno me will know there is a great deal of sarcasm in that post!)

Liam it's ok as soon as the Cinq is back on the road evey last penny is going into the much neglected Y10 :eek:

And it will be something to scare every Cento owner :yum:

Have to say except for the dodgy paintwork I quite like the Laguna just need Jason Plato driving it and bring back the 90's :D

oh dear maybe i shouldnt comment, id be the biggest hypocrit in here

well im gonna anyway!!!!

yes i am biased, yes this is my opinion, yes i know my cars fcukin mental b4 u's all start on me! :nono:

ok well firsty jamie thats not a nice trick to play............ my name is under gullable in the dictionary so i totally believd u lol!!!

seconldy, i couldnt care less what type of car ppl modify coz the real challege is to take sumfin " less than great" n make it amazin!!!
we could all make a scooby look coll thats easy!!!

on the other hand that car is slighlty less than amazin, im not gonna comment on the tuning coz il embarass my self lol!! but the paint n kit dont match, WHY HAVE THEY NOT DEBADGED IT!!!

with a proper mental kit n slammed to the deck wth vents n curves every where paint would be mint, but as it is, is need the body toned up or the paint toned down,,,,,,,IMO!!!!!!

:p :p :p :p :p :p
also to many stick on mods imo, i prefer thing to be smooth n moulded!

xxx

jamie86 said:
Liam it's ok as soon as the Cinq is back on the road evey last penny is going into the much neglected Y10 :eek:

And it will be something to scare every Cento owner :yum:

Have to say except for the dodgy paintwork I quite like the Laguna just need Jason Plato driving it and bring back the 90's :D

Jason Plato was crap!, Bring back Alain Menu, now he was renaults best driver:! :p

Trancendental said:
I was gonna buy a Laguna and Mod it.

They look lush slammed and with a sexy body!

I'd also do it to a Accord, a Volvo 850 Estate and other large cars. Modding cars is not restricted to Hot Hatches.

Didnt say it was, but they efforts of most on family cars arent any gd.

I have to say tho, that one of the cars that u dont see "fully" modded that i think would be nice is the rover 400 series. They would look nice slammed, on nice rims with tuning and kit to match. I dont have a hot hatch either trans.

Ross

Back