Glopsy.JPG

Multipla Glopsy

Introduction

Here's my new Multi,pictured on the day I picked her up, resplendent in what looks like a years worth of road grime :rolleyes:

I've serviced her, fixed numerous electrical issues including getting the remote CL working again and got her through an MOT a few days ago.

Next up is a drive belt tensioner change, as mine makes a real racket, bleed the clutch to see if I can get a better pedal, change the gearbox oil and then try and find a pair of roof bars before our holiday in May :)
I also topped up the gearbox oil,although it only needed a tiny bit.
Next up is the n/s roll bar drop link, which appears to be a two yearly replacement. I fitted a Meyle hd one to the O/S last time,which looked and felt much sturdier so will get the same.

Got ab annoying job to look at today, my washer pump has decided to stop working properly.
I replaced it a few months back and it all worked but this week the only thing working are the headlight washers. With the lights off,the pump isn't being activated by the switch, so I'm hoping for a loose connection somewhere?

New pump arrived and fitted in less than 10 minutes. Still can't believe the last one didn't even make its first birthday!

Attachments

• IMG_20210715_125802329_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210715_125802329_HDR.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 68
Decided to pick the hottest day of the year to change the O/S drop link!
It put up a bit if a fight but all done and tools away within the hour.
It always amazes me how much of a difference changing these links makes, as it's got rid of a number of rattles and the car feels much tighter.
That's most of the little jobs sorted in time for our yearly jaunt up to East Yorkshire. Fingers crossed that the clutch holds up!

Attachments

• IMG_20210719_093320701.jpg
    IMG_20210719_093320701.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 80
Quick update: Glopsy continues to be a very useful family car as well as an occasional van recently. The only issue currently is that every other day or so,she refuses to lock. If you use the remote or the door lock the door pins all go down and then immediately up again,which I'm guessing is a sticky door pin. Got a rare day off tomorrow so will have a poke about and see what's what.

Finally managed to sort the awful noise coming from the aircon pump this morning,which sounded like the bearings giving up
The aircon has never worked properly, due in part to an inability to retain its gas so a quick fix was on the cards, which involved bypassing the aircon pump.
What I did was replace the huge original belt with a much shorter one, which only required the static pulley being removed, leaving the tension pulley still doing its thing .
Results were good and I no longer have a squeeling Multi with the added benefit of a power increase of about 1.2bhp*
*Unsubstantiated!!

Attachments

• IMG_20220114_101137615.jpg
    IMG_20220114_101137615.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20220114_101146164.jpg
    IMG_20220114_101146164.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 62
Steady there Mr Hamilton, now you've 'found' a whole 1.2 bhp, what are you going to spend it on?
Glad to see you still keeping the ole gerl going, I sort of miss my ole buss, this Cliterous is ok but it ain't 'Ole Blue'.
Hello to everyone, happy 2022, hope it all goes well for you all.
George

You can never have too much down force bro, to increase the down force and traction I chucked two anvils in the boot,
they're not the big 'now die ya baskit type' they're just your average 'Time to play spanners with the bug again size'. :cool:

Back