General Generic warning light, off & on

Currently reading:
General Generic warning light, off & on

Abesapien

Hi All,
I hope someone can help 🙏. For the past few days the generic warning light has been coming on and off my 2009 Fiat 500. It doesn't say on the dashboard what the issue is, brakes, oil, petrol ( checked petrol cap, it's locked on and sitting flush) the car isn't over heating, checked radiator too. I don't understand what goes on. Can anyone help or recommend what to do??? Any help would be appreciated.

With the lights OFF, start the car, any warning come up?
Turn on the headlights, any warning come up?
Turn off the headlights press the brake pedal, any warning come up?
Are the day running lights ( in the bumper ) normally on or are they always off?
With the lights off take the key out, now turn on the "headlights" walk round the car are all the side/number plate lights on, headlights off?

With the lights OFF, start the car, any warning come up?
Turn on the headlights, any warning come up?
Turn off the headlights press the brake pedal, any warning come up?
Are the day running lights ( in the bumper ) normally on or are they always off?
With the lights off take the key out, now turn on the "headlights" walk round the car are all the side/number plate lights on, headlights off?
Turned car on today and warning light has gone off again. Turned car on and off a few times with 30-45 minutes between each try and the warning light hasn't come back on. I did all you suggested above, all lights working as they should be. Checked oil, water, tyre pressures, battery and fuel cap.
I'm at a loss.

Back