Off Topic Generating interest for a South Devon meet

Currently reading:
Off Topic Generating interest for a South Devon meet

Having met with two other owners of 500's last night we had the idea of a meet in the small picturesque village of Cockwood Nr Exeter, Devon at the Anchor Inn. Mark, the manager from Vospers Fiat in Plymouth is a local to the village & said he could get the meet sponsored. We could possibly take over the very small car park at the pub, which could hold maybe 10-15 500's.

I've never been on a meet or rally & not quite sure what happens. Presume, meet up, chat, photos, lunch & a convoy drive. Anything else? Maybe someone would let me know in detail what happens...

How many people would be interested? I have 3 cars/4 people for definite.

Just let me know on the thread. If we have the right numbers, we'll get something organised.

Hey all............

In all Heart and Spirit I'd love to attend - However, it's a monster drive for me - especially just for "drinkies".
It would though be a good run for "Sophia" and a much needed break by the Seaside for me - so, if you can get it up and running I'd love to take part.

KBO.

I left it to save me any embarrassment - but I still don't know what "Bump" means??

KBO - [Keep Buggering On - "Winston Churchill"]

Grim' and Stu'.................

Okey Dokey! - many thanks, just glad I hadn't done anything wrong - I suppose I just happened to be the previous poster!
But it strikes me that if they'd been bothered to just respond [however innocuously] to my post, it would of served the same purpose - perhaps I just wasn't young and trendy enough?

KBO

blumin' eck! few people feeling touchy are they not....Young & trendy enough? I like that seeing as me & the missues have a combined age of 84!! Thanks for the complement :) Thanks to anyone who has said "Yeah... Definitely up for this" Totally understand that not everyone could not attend but a great chance for SW 500 owners to get together.

Is that better than just a 'bump' for ya?!

Cheers all

....and also frowned upon on many forums. I mod another forum - if anyone bumps, the thread gets deleted and the user warned, end of!!! lol

Seriously does it really matter if someone bumped the thread to get more interest? Surely it's better than starting a completely new thread about exactly the same topic, only for it to then need merging with the old thread.

Seriously does it really matter if someone bumped the thread to get more interest? Surely it's better than starting a completely new thread about exactly the same topic, only for it to then need merging with the old thread.

It's more for when people needlessly bump threads.
Putting other threads further down the list than they technically should be.

Back