General Gearbox

Currently reading:
General Gearbox

carl2745

Been told I need a gearbox for my fiat multipla 1.9 elx 2004 been noisy for a while and trying to jump out of gear now looking for a good second hand one if any body can help.

Which gear is it jumping out of?
It's not actually jumping out of gear feels like it just a lot off banging juddering just had new clutch fitted about 2 months ago when they were doing that when they drained oil out of gearbox found metal pieces in it was wondering is the gearbox fitted to any other models?

Does any body no if a 1.9 gearbox from a fiat stilo will fit a fiat multipla 1.9?

Thanks

Have a look on the forum ePER (if it's working). The link to it is in the black band at the top of the page. Click through to the page where you see a box on the left that you can enter your VIN into. Note that the FF ePER dates from around 2005, so if your car is newer than that, the VIN check won't work.

Once you've put your VIN in, confirm the vehicle details it shows on the following pages are correct. From there on in, any pages you search in ePER will grey-out the parts that don't apply to your car. Find the page showing the entire gearbox assembly. Make a note of the part number.

Once you've got that, go back on ebay/Gumtree/local scrap yard and search using that part number. Alternatively, stay on ePER and look up cross-references for other model ranges that use the same 'box. Different gear ratios within the 'box will bring with it different part numbers, so this may take a while to work out. Look at the mounting points in the diagrams. I know that gear pairs from a Stilo 'box can be swapped into a Multipla one (I did that mod myself to raise 5th gear). That's no guarantee the casings will be the same, unfortunately.

Have you tried calling DA Motors? They may still have a Multipla 'box knocking about.

I have a 2000 JTD 110 ELX gearbox taking up space at home, it's done around 140,000 miles. We swapped the engine and gearbox complete from a scrap car to my Multipla when the engine failed and I kept the original box.
I'm not sure about the condition of the box but it did make it to France and back not long before the car was laid up for a few years and can't remember any problems when I drove it.
Maybe someone could look over it before fitting or you could make one good box from two??
You can have it for the price of the courier of it helps keep your car on the road!

Been told I need a gearbox for my fiat multipla 1.9 elx 2004 been noisy for a while and trying to jump out of gear now looking for a good second hand one if any body can help.
Hi I got mine from of ebay ( a genuine Italian surplyer) I will get back to you with all the details tomorrow if you have not sorted it it was fairly priced being as it came from Italy. Mine a 88klwats they measure them in kilowatts over their I'm not that up on the situation to know how that is also mine a 110 but a very professional organisation if you want I will dig out the details for you regards Ellbasteedo 🙂👍

Back