General gearbox needed!

Currently reading:
General gearbox needed!

pantalaimon said:
well i hope so, its been in the garage for over a week waiting on a gearbox, the garage its at can't find one so this is a last resort. Need it this week really,

This should always be your FIRST resort !(y)

Last edited:
comnpletely different gear ratios in the 4x4 i suspect... you's be driving at much slower speeds than you were before the swap.

christopher watson said:
According to Alan.D, that gearbox is £100 too much :). i will have a word with a mate of mine as he has a spare reconditioned gearbox, but he will probably either not sell it, or want a couple of hundred pounds for it :(.

You could also try www.simpsonsalvage.com as they have a panda 1000 in for scrap.

edit - here you go... http://www.simpsonsalvage.com/site/...erby=MakeModel&t=B&date_filter=3&value=164042

i think the gears are different in a 93 onwards panda, that one is 89... thanks for looking though. What year, model is your mates reconditioned gearbox for?

Its a gearbox for a 1994 CLX panda, and its a 5 speed. I will get in touch with him tomorrow, and see if he wants to sell. The only problem i can see is getting it from Gosforth in Newcastle, to Solihull.

christopher watson said:
Its a gearbox for a 1994 CLX panda, and its a 5 speed. I will get in touch with him tomorrow, and see if he wants to sell. The only problem i can see is getting it from Gosforth in Newcastle, to Solihull.

any idea how long ago it has been reconditioned? The garage tried a reconditioned one and it was no good... If its definitely a good gearbox i'd offer a good price for it, and would pay for postage..

christopher watson said:
Neil reconditioned it himself, and put in new (Genuine) fiat gears etc (he was a Rover trained mechanic, so is easily capable).

edit - also try this place...
http://www.findagearbox.co.uk/

yeah i've tried there, won't find out if they have one till tomorrow. See what Neil wants for it, if he's willing to let it go...

Kelvedon autos (the best little scrap yard in Essex) had a 5 speed in a 93/94 fizz. They are a bit far away for you, maybe worth a call? 01376 583592

Back