Technical gearbox issues!

Currently reading:
Technical gearbox issues!

Project Hoth

Got probs with my 899 cinq gearbox, may have to replace, is a sporting box/clutch gonna fit (or are ratios same anyway?) or any other models got close ratios for better acceleration? am just thinking of improvements since i may have to replace it anyway!

Yes level is ok, not jumping out of gears but just makes a grinding sound when in gear and clutch pedal let up. so it does sound like the engine is turning something butn drive is not getting to the wheels. very disconcerting!

I topped level up (with correct oil) when i bought car and checked it again last night. Is ok and not full of swarf. Will hopefully have the box out this week either way.

Oh sorry, yeah i followed instructions in good 'ol haynes manual, level surface, topped up till it trickled out and put filler plug back in.

No it didnt, have replaced them both, knew to look out for that one! Phew, at least i doing something right with the thing!, oh and just a quick question.... is the gearstick supposed to flop from side to side as i corner? it has done since i bought it and it does go into gear. hopefully not related to new problem! Cheers
Del

my gearstick flopped about a bit too, but the gearbox was fine, so i dont think it would be a related problem

how does the clutch feel? a bit heavy or light as a feather?

Yeah clutch feels nice and light, dousn't seem too high, dousn't slip or anything either. It's just that stick feels loose in floor. It can seem a bit stiff to get into gear at times (usually 3rd 4th and 5th) but if i go into neutral and try again is fine.

Back