Technical gearbox help fiat ducato 1.9 td

Currently reading:
Technical gearbox help fiat ducato 1.9 td

The book you pictured explains that there is the possibly of two different transmissions ......one requires 1.85litres (call it 2litres)
The other requires a different amount.
The book also explains where to find the code stamped on the box.

You have the book now find your transmission code and post it on here and I will attempted to guide you further.

Hi apolloedgar, The oil I've used is 80w90 mineral 1.85ltrs. If I were to repeat this experiment I would go for 80w90 semi synthetic. I think the additives may protect the gearbox better but who knows. I'll leave mine alone for a while to see how it goes. Ian.

I have not been following this thread but browsing just now, I note some discussion relating to GL4 versus GL5 oils. There is a body of opinion that while GL5 is fine for dfferentials, it is not so good for gearboxes, as the higher level of sulphur and phosphorous based additives attack the bronze components.

Oil capacity for the GLU5 box on my 2.8jtd is quoted as 2.7 +/- 0.3 litres.

Hi again, Forgot to mention, definitely GL4 for reasons mentioned by Communicato.

= gl4 for original poster

Hi apolloedgar, The oil I've used is 80w90 mineral 1.85ltrs. If I were to repeat this experiment I would go for 80w90 semi synthetic. I think the additives may protect the gearbox better but who knows. I'll leave mine alone for a while to see how it goes. Ian.

thanks think iv found mine in book according to fiat website my engine is XUD9TF/L (DHX), with turbo charger,
66 KW (90 BHP),
which the book says iv got the ME5TU engine and gearbox which says 1.85l of sae 75w80w. for the box,
only one in the book at 66kw was XUD9UTF (DHX) which im guessing is mine 😵‍💫

Attachments

• IMG_5428.jpeg
    IMG_5428.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5429.jpeg
    IMG_5429.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5430.jpeg
    IMG_5430.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5427.jpeg
    IMG_5427.jpeg
    814.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5431.jpeg
    IMG_5431.jpeg
    756 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5432.jpeg
    IMG_5432.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5434.jpeg
    IMG_5434.jpeg
    628.9 KB · Views: 8
The book tells you where the gearbox code should be and if you find it and read it you will know for sure which box it is.....

The book tells you where the gearbox code should be and if you find it and read it you will know for sure which box it is.....
yeah its impossible to get back there without stripping most it down had scope down there cant see anything

Back