General Gear Knob Change, Lift reverse?

Currently reading:
General Gear Knob Change, Lift reverse?

steveandlisa

Hello looking at buying a 95 16v coupe (no I dont want a Turbo version I hear you say) would this have a Lift reverse change or standard. I want to change the Gear knob and need to know what to get. Is it easy todo and do you recomend one thats easy to fit?

Thanks

Steve

heres the one i bought for mine...

Coupe001.jpg

May I ask where you got it from and how you fiitted it, oh and how much did it cost,

Thanks

Stvee

I don't think the 16V had a lift-up reverse. I think it was only the 20VT with that.
H

Can't actually remember if my old 16vt had a lift up reverse. I don't really like the standard 20vt knob but like Hellcat I just won't stump up half a hundred pounds for a shiny bit of metal that cost like £8 to make :p

If I wanted to walk into Halfords today what brand or make could I go for and how will I know it will fit. Will they know? Picking up coupe tomorrow, very impatient and want to get one today!!!!!!:eek: :yum:

Thanks Sammi

My new knob looks great :cool: the other one was a right pain to get off, I ended up cutting it to shreds :D

You know my wife doesn't like me posting pictures of it on the web :eek:

Will try and get some pics at the weekend ;)

No not done the gauge, I have to be honest I have actually sold it on, at the same time as buying yours I bought another one from another member and I prefered there one as it looked more original than the smoked look, so it has been moved on to a new owner :) :rolleyes:

Back