General GAP insurance???

Currently reading:
General GAP insurance???

yes its very sad, in most cases with rolling contracts, once you threaten to leave only then they will reluctatntly try to retain you, but they will be happy to take you back as a new customer on a cheaper price and then complain your email is already on the system - its a game.

Probably the one and only time in my life when I will have been more economical than you, JRK (oh, and slower).

I'm sorry for writing such a long post. I sent it from my mobile & didn't have time to write a shorter one :).

I figured speed was of the essence in case the OP was being pressured to sign up there and then for a dealer GAP policy.

It was quite funny because he said he'd only get commision on it if it was £400. So we did 'pay' £400 for it but he added 250 to the PX like I said. I must add, he wasn't pushy at all, I just like to haggle.

I know somebody that did claim on GAP on his car and they did pay up straight away. No hassle apparently, but its like everything, for one person it goes smoothly and then another it could be a nightmare.

Hi, I was just responding to somebody else and seen this thread also. I got my gap insurance from gapinsurance123, it was the cheapest I could find online and the service was excellent. I have to commend them. Other companies I had spoke to were no-where near as polite and cheerful and all of them dearer, my policy was under £100 and there are cheaper ones still depending on what you want. I have had friends who have been quoted almost £800 by dealers before now. Get your gap insurance online and seriously get it from gapinsurance123, excellent service, excellent product and lovely people I genuinely enjoyed chinwagging to on the phone.

When I was in my local dealership this weekend haggling, they tried to sell me a bundle of gap insurance and Supaguard. Having had Supaguard on our current car I would never bother having it again, as it is a complete waste of time. Their price for the two together: £500. I politely declined.

I also heard them selling the same thing to a middle aged couple who were in buying a 500 with/for their daughter. They swallowed the salesman's spiel hook, line and sinker. Fortunately, I was able to grab them as they were leaving and told them that they could get gap insurance for £100 online and that they should forget the paint protection snake oil. I hope they believed me.

Back