Technical fuel temp sender

Currently reading:
Technical fuel temp sender

efinjohn

Hi all. does anyone know if the fiat 3ltr has a fuel temp sender as my van is giving all the symptom's of the sender playing up.
Thanks Kelvin

The model year, 2008, indicates an x250 model. These, were fitted with the UFI "green" filter. My 2006 x244 has a similar but black filter.
The fuel temperature sender, and fuel heater are both incorporated in the filter unit, as is the water in fuel sensor.

Or was the 3.0 litre fitted with a different filter assembly?

The model year, 2008, indicates an x250 model. These, were fitted with the UFI "green" filter. My 2006 x244 has a similar but black filter.
The fuel temperature sender, and fuel heater are both incorporated in the filter unit, as is the water in fuel sensor.

Or was the 3.0 litre fitted with a different filter assembly?
I had a 2009 3L 160bhp and it was the same filter and housing as the 2.3

Thanks for the replys i will go and chek that(y)
sorry lads for not posting the outcome.. here it is, i changed the filter (complete) bought from ebay! it all worked perfect engine management light went off, started and ran the best it has for a long time due to the ecu getting the correct mesages from the sensors, but then the filter split after 100 miles, message to myself DON'T BUY CHEAP FILTERS! Replaced with a UFI filter now running perfect all probs solved no lumpy running or starting, no black over fueling on acceleration. no engine management light. Many thanks to the information received.....:)

@efinjohn ,

Good to learn of your eventual success.

Please to clarify the situation, was the filter that split, a used, or a new item? I have seen both offered on Ebay. If a "used" item, it is possible that the element had been changed without using the correct servicng tool. The UFI filters gained a bad reputation for leaking post service. One opinion, with which I am inclined to agree, is that the problems are caused by holding in a vice, without the correct tool.

The unit was replaced as a complete unit (not just the filter) so i just checked the seal.. the ufi filter is over £100 as oposed to £40 ebay
your choice your chance..

Back