Technical Fuel starvation :-(

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel starvation :-(

Hello all, has anyone on here ever had any problems with the fuel pumps on the 126 bis running intermittently? The pump on my car is pretty new and I've cleaned it out but there is no fuel getting to it. I'm assuming it is just the pushrod but it seems many people switch to electric fuel pumps anyway. Is there a reason for this? Also, if I were to fit an electric pump, is there a possibility of over fuelling? Many thanks :)

I'm hoping to fit an elecey one to mine one day. It's also a very good upgrade as they are more reliable than the mechanical ones. Depending on what carb you have (I have the webber one) there is a blank that can be drilled out so an outlet can be attached to the return pipe so any fuel that comes out the float chamber just goes back to the tank.

As for your current problem there could be a blocked pipe?

Hello all, has anyone on here ever had any problems with the fuel pumps on the 126 bis running intermittently? The pump on my car is pretty new and I've cleaned it out but there is no fuel getting to it. I'm assuming it is just the pushrod but it seems many people switch to electric fuel pumps anyway. Is there a reason for this? Also, if I were to fit an electric pump, is there a possibility of over fuelling? Many thanks :)

hi
if your quick you might just nick this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FILTER-KING-FUEL-REGULATOR-/171328406720

dont even consider using an electric pump without regulating the pressure because you will end up with your car catching fire as the needle valve in the float chamber wont be able to cope

if your car was a ford i would have said the cam the pump lever or if an ohc your pushrod was worn,as it is i dont know

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back