Technical Fuel overfilling?

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel overfilling?

lowaaa

Noticed this a few times, however I thought I didn't put the nozzle in properly.

I put the nozzle in and start filling up my car and notice that the nozzle keeps clicking to prevent me from filling up anymore. I assume somethings blocking it and causing the fuel to go back because it's stuck.

Whenever I ignore the click of the nozzle and keep filling, I see that the fuel ends up building up and at that point starts leaking out. Once I stop I do see the fuel swirling down at a rather slow rate.

Anyone got any ideas on what this might be? What's the fix like as well? Is it going to be a pain..?

Thanks.

It is a known problem on a Punto.

Have you tried twisting the handle towards the front of the car so it pushes hard against the flap and then the handle begins to point upwards slightly?

I got a low mileage fuel pipe and cap to see if it makes a difference and at the moment the problem is a as bad as ever!

Some pumps are worse than others.

It is a known problem on a Punto.

Have you tried twisting the handle towards the front of the car so it pushes hard against the flap and then the handle begins to point upwards slightly?

I got a low mileage fuel pipe and cap to see if it makes a difference and at the moment the problem is a as bad as ever!

Some pumps are worse than others.
I will try that, thank you.

Back