Technical Fuel injector Pump removal

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel injector Pump removal

scudo05

hi, I have a2005 scudo 2L JTD and have a screeching sound that sounds like its coming from injector pump, could be the bearing(s)? can anyone tell me how to remove it(is it easy) as might try a reconditioned one(all belts seem ok) Thanks

None of them it just won't start
I was told by the AA it was the pump in the tank but when looked into it there wasn't one just the sender unit

None of them it just won't start
I was told by the AA it was the pump in the tank but when looked into it there wasn't one just the sender unit
I have a 2010 Scudo 2 litre 16 valve with the Peugeot RHK engine, it has a Siemens injector pump on the back of the head nearest to the gearbox and doesn't use a electric pump in the tank either. Usually they fit a hand primer on the fuel filter as a priming device, so sometimes if the pump is weak you can start it by pumping the manual primer to prove the point or even gravity feed fuel to the injector pump to test it.
The earlier ones are run off the cam belt end and the later ones are held on with three bolts plus wires and pipes on to the back end of camshaft.
Another clue is metal particles in the fuel filter, long term it can knacker the injectors also.
Ideally a Diagnostic tool like MES or similar will show fuel pressure at common rail if to low engine can't start, but can also be caused by dodgy injectors.

Back