Technical Fuel Filter Removal.

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel Filter Removal.

Erbl

Hi. Trying to change filter on Doblo 1.6 Diesel. Metal one. Can't reach the Nut that holds housing. Too much in the way. Any other way to get to it ? 😱

Hi. Trying to change filter on Doblo 1.6 Diesel. Metal one. Can't reach the Nut that holds housing. Too much in the way. Any other way to get to it ? 😱
Same as this? I just used a 10mm 1/4 drive socket and extension, if stuck you may be able to release the top fuel pump pipe if connector in the way, just be careful to gently release the retaining clip and slide it off and maybe a little diesel on the fitting to slide the seal over nicely.
Mine is a 2010 Doblo 1.6 Maxi

Attachments

• DSCF0820.JPG
    DSCF0820.JPG
    438.8 KB · Views: 37
Same as this? I just used a 10mm 1/4 drive socket and extension, if stuck you may be able to release the top fuel pump pipe if connector in the way, just be careful to gently release the retaining clip and slide it off and maybe a little diesel on the fitting to slide the seal over nicely.
Yeah. Can't get socket right on the nut. Even when taking that clip off

Yeah. Just can't get socket onto the nut right too much in the way. Take the bottom hose off but there's bout 3 imch metal connection in way were hose clips onto

Yeah. Just can't get socket onto the nut right too much in the way. Take the bottom hose off but there's bout 3 imch metal connection in way were hose clips onto
Does yours look roughly like mine? If so it maybe someone in the past when tightening the 10mm bolt bent the whole bracket closer to the bulkhead giving you less room.
It may be possible to gently lever or pull the whole bracket and filter assembly out slightly and towards the N/S a fraction to allow you to get a tool on it, even a stepped 10 mm spanner if you cannot get a 10mm 1/4 inch drive socket on it.
It is only a mild steel clamping bracket so should bend/give a little.

Does yours look roughly like mine? If so it maybe someone in the past when tightening the 10mm bolt bent the whole bracket closer to the bulkhead giving you less room.
It may be possible to gently lever or pull the whole bracket and filter assembly out slightly and towards the N/S a fraction to allow you to get a tool on it, even a stepped 10 mm spanner if you cannot get a 10mm 1/4 inch drive socket on it.
It is only a mild steel clamping bracket so should bend/give a little.
Cheers for info. Yeah. I pulled bottom of filter & bracket came up enough to get socket on nut. 👍

Back