General Fuel Cap Pressure?

Currently reading:
General Fuel Cap Pressure?

Sammii

Hiya guys, ive recently developed slight pressure everytime i open my fuel cap.

im assuming this isnt normal, where is the tank vent? is it on the cap? on the tank? pipes? etc?

thanks

Do you mean a whoosh when you unlock it? if so, normal in my experience and if you've run low after a long run then it's really a quite unnerving whoooooosssh as you unscrew it. Every Cinq I've had (5) and every Sei (3) the same.

(y)

Just saw this thread and seems logical to post my question here.

Usually when I fill the tank I get the same "wosh" sound... so far normal...

... I usually fill it until I get the first click from the pump pistol. This time around (and the one before) I got the first click, then filled it a bit more until I got a second click (I could see the gas on the bottom of the filling tubbing).

Both this last times I got a smell of gas inside the car, and some of it came out of the breather/filling cap (the seal is getting old). I see no dripping on the tank or tubes underneath the car.

So am I losing gas from another place or do I have to fill it only until the first click?

Many thanks.

Slight pressure is normal, its basic science to need pressure regarding any type of fuel system, seen a few threads recently posted by OP with potential problems, we dont want another ronnie, enjoy your car and stop worrying all the time.

Reg. Rui G first click from pump usually means the tank is just about full, the majority of british i imagine go slightly beyond this just to round the amount to pay to an even number

Back