Technical front wing

Currently reading:
Technical front wing

when i changed my headlights.
i loosened the bumper from the wing and the cross memeber then loosened then wings from the 2 bolts under the bonnet and just pulled it aside and when putting the light in i pushed the bumper down and pulled the light out.

Was a bit tricky but alot easier than taking the bumper off.

You don't need to remove the bumper to remove the wing, if you slacken off the top bumper bolts and remove the headlight it makes life easier as the headlight on a Mk2 has a clip thing that goes into the wing bracket on a Mk2b it is bolted to it.
Most awkward bolts are the ones that fasten the sides of the bumper to the wing.

im hoping to swap out my wing for one thats not dented... and one that i plan to sticker bomb... im hoping not to have to touch the headlights cos i dont wanna **** off my garage by having to realign my lights AGAIN. lol.

when i did my wing i took the bumper off makes it easier also need the arch lining out iirc

liner off, wheel off, car on axle stand makes the job simple
one tip and ive said this before,be very careful you dont catch the screen on removal or replacement because it will be a crack tomorrow
you might also consider removing the door to facilitate easy replacement so as not to scratch it as you refit,i often do

Back