Styling Front Window tint % from factory

Currently reading:
Styling Front Window tint % from factory

nikkiy9

Rallying Crazy guy
Can anyone tell me what the factory tint level is? Looking at getting my windows tinted (7month old son is constantly getting the sun in his eyes), back windows are going limo tint but need to work out front tint level to get

Factory tints are usually about 5% but I don't know about Fiats. A tinting company should have a meter that will measure the light transmission.

The baby. gets strapped into the front of the car, so thats why I want to tint the fronts too

I'm not that stupid to not disable the passenger airbag and as for sticking him in the back, his car seat alone is too big to get through the gap between the front seat and B pillar!

The windows on my Mk2b are terrible and i'm not sure they have any actual tint at all, obviously they still make a very small difference to the amount of light that passes through, even with the max allowed tint on the front windows ~70% you will hardly see any difference in terms of bright sun light in baby's eyes although it may help to some degree adding some UV protection, don't be tempted to go full limo tint in the back and 70% front otherwise it will look very odd indeed and make the inside of the car feel very claustrophobic but again 40-50% wouldn't probably be too bad ? and at least the car wouldn't look like a van.

you can also get fitted sun blinds for the 3 door which fit in the rear windows and keeps the sun out of baby's eyes, just don't be tempted to do what ive seen morons do time and time again which is stick the crappy mothercare special, sunblind with its crappy suction cups to the front windows completely obscuring the view out of the front side windows

I sympathise with getting things in and out of the back seat, although safety tests show time and time again that the back seat is the safest place for babies and the seats are now generally designed to perform best in the event of a crash in the back seat so find away to get it in the back and leave it there if you can

Back