Technical front suspension arm

Currently reading:
Technical front suspension arm

iancookie

Hi all,

Recently had my t-jet in for a service and they came back saying my front suspension arm rear bushes need replacing. They quoted me £400 to replace both suspension arms.

I've been doing a bit of research and it seems you can replace the bushes separately but FIAT prefer to sell the whole suspension arm with bushes. For bushes alone £12.50 each but then they'd need to be seated properly into the suspension arm. I've bought two new full suspension arms and will be fitting them next weekend... does anyone have any experience of this? Anything to watch out for or advice?

Cheers :)

£400 sounds pricey - had both of mine done last month for £305.

Will be interesting to see if just replacing the bush is possible as I'm fairly sure it isn't.

If you've bought the arms already just replace the whole arms - although I hope you've bought the genuine fiat parts and not the ones for £50 or so off eBay? (bushes fail after a year or so).

Yeah you can press the bush out and replace it with a new one, I've got a mate with a hydraulic press but I thought I may aswell replace the whole thing with there being a couple of bushes/ball joints.

I went for cheapo ones, more than £50 but they were stated as genuine OEM parts I think.

So far I know I need a ball joint puller and 13/19mm spanners, seems like a pretty simple job?

Yeh replacing the whole thing seems sensible! Genuine OEM parts or 'genuine OEM quality'?

I didn't have access to a ramp/axle stands so mine were done by a garage so can't say, but by the looks of it it seems pretty simple (y)

Back