General Front indicators

Currently reading:
General Front indicators

PIPSTER

Hi all. As i have posted before not in the UK at the moment and a mate of mine is keeping the little scei ticking over in my absence. It has been raining the last couple of days and he tells me i have mini swimming pools in both front indicator lenses. Is this a common thing on this model and how is it getting in ? Thanks

You'll need to check for any little cracks or holes... I've never had a problem with water getting into my indicators

Either that or your Sei is crying cause you left it at home! :p

It might just be sad. Prob be a bitch and not play at all when i get home (n). Both indicators have the same levels of water in them so I'm told. Very strange ! :confused:

Loose fit on the covers maybe?
I'm not really a car expert but it'll probably be something obvious
It's gotta be leaking in from somewhere! :p

There is problems with the lights letting water in, the seals may have perished, check that.

Never really the indicators that causes much hassle however, would go with what everyone is saying so far, check for cracks etc

It may be worth checking the rear lights while you are at it, these are normally the usual culprits that causes the problems

Thanks for the reply s guys . will pass the info on and hope he will sort it before my return. Just one more thing. suppose they would not cost that much to replace from a breakers ?

Take small drill and drill a hole in the unseen bottom part of the light.

Lets the water out, see.

Cheers

PD
Hi PD

I'm in same 'boat', understand hole will co but Ive only got 'rain fall' on inside, should I seal with RTV rubber or buy new?

Noel

Back