Styling Front grill update..

Currently reading:
Styling Front grill update..

Steely

Dislikeskeyboardwarriors
Arrived today from fleabay... new shiny grille well chuffed.... all black finsh all steel construction.... by far one of the best ones ive seen....

went into the garage to see how it looks up against car.... could get round properly... put it on a precarious pile of junk..... then it fell off on to concrete floor.......

bummer... had it 5 mins and already wrecked it.....

luckily i bought some plasticote from work today which was going to go onto all the gubbings under the wheel arches.... roll bar links and strut and all....

so grilles now going to be gloss.......

sods law me thinks!!

eventful day

SP_A0514.jpg

SP_A0511.jpg

Will post new pics when its on the car

Front grille fitted.... all yo have to do is remove the old one and fit with two self tappers,

debadged the rear fiat badge, painted and laquered it then siliconed it ti the grill....

What does anyone think???

its one of the ebay grilles by the way...

SP_A0523.jpg

SP_A0522.jpg

SP_A0521.jpg

I like it, it's different with the badge which is good as a lot of mods make our cars look a bit similar.
How does the bottom of the grill attach or doesn't it?

Looks quite smart. I'd like to see one of these on a silver 3door... Anybody? Not me because i've ordered the new style grille from fiat which is due on tuesday...

I reckon it would cool with another one below replacing the airvents under the numberplate :)

Ha Ha,, you've given me ideas.. watch this space.....

Replaced the coolant radiator today.... an absolute pain in the a**e , as the car has to bee well jacked up.... and those quick release connectors... yeah right!! took soddin ages...

finally got paraflu put back in... which im glad about... just going to have a go on photoshop to see what it would look like

Steely did you have any trouble fitting the grille? I have the new style grille now and its a B***H to fit! Removing the original one wasn't as easy at it looked either, i broke 3 of the 5 bottom clips. The new style grille is on and 4 of the bottom clips have gone in but the centre clip just wont budge! Its the centre bottom one. Bashed it aplenty but it still won't go in so will try again in the morning.

Why does Fiat have to make everything so damm complicated??? :bang:

Steely did you have any trouble fitting the grille? I have the new style grille now and its a B***H to fit! Removing the original one wasn't as easy at it looked either, i broke 3 of the 5 bottom clips. The new style grille is on and 4 of the bottom clips have gone in but the centre clip just wont budge! Its the centre bottom one. Bashed it aplenty but it still won't go in so will try again in the morning.

Why does Fiat have to make everything so damm complicated??? :bang:

I broke mine whilst taking it off.... that middle clip was a sod to even get out with the old grille... only way i can think would be to file it down a bit to fit.... or with a needle file make the hole in the bumper a little bit bigger... i has plently of clips holding it on though......the grille i got just dropped in no probs... mainly because you hold it down with self tappers......

how about, no badges whatsoever on front or back, buuuut on that grill doing the now famous "S T I L O" thing?

At least that is original and to be honest I hate the stilo badges spread over the tailgate like that ..so if it floats your boat then why not (y)

Been having thoughts about blacking out around the grille... sorry my photoshop ability is pretty poor... but with a little imagination what do you think?? please use a little imagination!!!!
before
SP_A0524.jpg

after
front.jpg

I think its a bit excessive but thats just my opinion. I quite like the mesh grill and fiat badge in the corner. What do you think of it though?

im not sure myself lol.... the grilles coming off this weekend because i need to black out the paintwork behind the grille as you can see through it in certain lights... looking at it it seems to break up the lines.... so not sure...

might try it with a bit of black tape first just to see how it looks... i dont want to ruin it....

18's alloys are on the way... in gloss black see what they do to it first..

cheers!!

Back