Styling Front grill update..

Currently reading:
Styling Front grill update..

Na looks crap mate stilo's have black bits and i think that they look good in black but if you wanted to do anything i would spray the grill siver.

Sweet grill mate, how much did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking? And have you got a link to the seller? Wouldnt mind one meself :D:D

Personally i dont like it but have a look on Ebay i think there about £20. I would rather buy a colour coded badge for the front maybe even an anarth badge but that carries its own contraversy.

Yes mate keep your money the standard grill is really quite nice so just give it a sparay or someting perhaps some silver up front or something as it would be pointless colour soding black-black. You got a photo and i will have a go at mocking it up if you want.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Grille was 45 quid off ebay..... its all steel.... really well made... puts the plastic fiat one to shame... i took the fiat badge off the back.. primed , sprayed and lacquered it... then RTV'd it on to the grille

Cheers for the advice Volxstu... the cars going to be sassy grey and matt black... silver wouldnt suit it...hence the black grille... 225x40x18" get fitted next week... so should be looking good... a new update on the blacking out front... im doing it tomorrow... it looks far better in the flesh...

rear spoiler from lester and a bit of blacking out on the back is also on the books...( Photoshop image!!! not actual ) opinions please....
1-1.jpg

frontgrille1.jpg

Last edited:
right.. this is the finished product.... rubbed down and sprayed it this mornin'
might not be to everyones taste but i think it suits it.... if anyone has any other ideas please let me know...:D .

just need the black alloys to finish it off...

so some 15" fiat alloys will be up for grabs if anyones interested...
DSC00134.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

Last edited:
I think you have been very brave and in my opinion pulled it off, I like it as it's different.
I think it works as you've got a light coloured metallic car, the badge also sits well.
The only thing i would change is the number plate, i'd loose the little picture, it distracts from the light and dark theme.
I'm not sure of the legalities nowadays, do you have to have the GB or EU logo on number plates? If not, loose the emblem and have the numbers/letters sitting more centrally.

Well done(y)

I think you have been very brave and in my opinion pulled it off, I like it as it's different.
I think it works as you've got a light coloured metallic car, the badge also sits well.
The only thing i would change is the number plate, i'd loose the little picture, it distracts from the light and dark theme.
I'm not sure of the legalities nowadays, do you have to have the GB or EU logo on number plates? If not, loose the emblem and have the numbers/letters sitting more centrally.

Well done(y)

Yeah now you mention it the numberplate could do with just being black and white.....

main reason i thought about doing it was that the 5 door bumper looks bland compared to the 3 door version.... wanted a 3 door but to swap it for one was going to cost more than it was worth.....

Plus if you look at PNL's 5 door it shows you what can be done... Im not one for copying as i think PNL's is very individual hence the black and silver theme... to hopefully make another stilo individual...

its like a bug... once you start doing things to car its hard to stop... oh well least some of my cash is going to good use(y) usually its things i dont need or a night out and a sore head:bang:

I think you have been very brave and in my opinion pulled it off, I like it as it's different...

Agree... it works well and looks good (y)

I am tempted by this grille but my car is plain black (non metallic) so the standard grille with chromed ribs/slats lifts it. I have considered cutting the slats out under the number plate and meshing the resulting rectangular hole out, but fear it will compromise the structural integrity of the bumper (make it too floppy) :(

Agree with steely, plain number plate and possibly one of those black plastic no. plate carriers to finish it... :cool:

Agree... it works well and looks good (y)

I am tempted by this grille but my car is plain black (non metallic) so the standard grille with chromed ribs/slats lifts it. I have considered cutting the slats out under the number plate and meshing the resulting rectangular hole out, but fear it will compromise the structural integrity of the bumper (make it too floppy) :(

Agree with steely, plain number plate and possibly one of those black plastic no. plate carriers to finish it... :cool:

To tell you the truth... i was thinking about the same on the bottom grille aned getting it meshed up... but when i had a closer look it aint as strong as it looks... reason why i only painted it... an absolute pain in the aerosol to sort with masking tape!! possibly if you could make a frame for it which could be screwed into place i think you would be ok(y)

Nice JTD by the way!! are those alloys standard???:confused: they suit it(y) never seen those ones before...

Nice JTD by the way!! are those alloys standard???:confused: they suit it(y) never seen those ones before...

Alloys are off the Fiat 16V Turbo Coupe... increase track by half inch either side due to offset and only took a set of bravo/brava/coupe bolts and lockers to fit. Check out 'Chris' gallery as he has a black set on a Silica red Stilo... :)

Front grille fitted.... all yo have to do is remove the old one and fit with two self tappers,

debadged the rear fiat badge, painted and laquered it then siliconed it ti the grill....

What does anyone think???

its one of the ebay grilles by the way...

SP_A0523.jpg

SP_A0522.jpg

SP_A0521.jpg

Maybe a stupid question but in the bottom picture the container with yellow lid what goes in there?
mine was at minimum level!

Back