Technical front fog light wires!?!

Currently reading:
Technical front fog light wires!?!

coolme2k

front fog wiring help

Ive just bought some front fog lights for my punto s i know how to fit them but i dont have the:confused: FOGGIEST :confused: how to wiring it up. i also have the switch that is on the dash. please help

Re: front fog wiring help

right you need to wire them through a relay.
easiest way is to earth the relay to the bodywork.
run a cable from the battery to the supply on the relay
connect a wire from the light circuit or an ignition live.if you use an ignition live you can have the fogs on without other lights)to the switch.
run a wire from the other side of the switch to the switching post of the relay.
this way you dont have high power going through the switch.

Re: front fog wiring help

found this on google
foglite.jpg

I've got my fog wiring done, even have the fog lights, but the bumpers at the bodyshop getting colour coded. Should be back soon!

I used a switch panel from the breakers, then used the switch panel illumination circuit to act as the relay tripper (because when the sidelights come on, it illuminates the panel and so lets the relay work if i press the switch). I've forgotten exactly how I did it, but it did require hard wiring a wire to the circuit board behind the switch panel!

I'm also not sure if i'm putting strain on the illumination circuit, but all seems well?!

Edit: In the wiring kit i got (from halfords) i think it says in there that it is legal to have the foglights able to work independently of the headlights. I'll have to to double check that though.

Also, to get the wire into the car, go through the bulkhead. Searcht he ICE forum and theres a thread where cinqysxmk2 describes how to get it through. Alot easier than my method (went up to the top right of the engine compartment, down, so that its inbetween the wheelarch, the outer panel and the inner panel, and in through the grommet that houses the side repeater (or was it horn) wires. I wired an amp yesterday through cinqys method and it was SO much simpler!

EDIT (again):
https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=53765
That's the link. I din't poke a hole through the insultation. If you pull away the carpet in the passenger footwell, theres a hole which you can easily see, you won't miss it. Using a thin metal pole you can get a mate to stick it down the engine bay hole and look around for it inside the car. Hopefully you'll find it, then gaffa tape the wire to the pole and pull the pole through. Sorry if that made no sense but if your still stuck then i'll get osme pics for you.

EDIT (again again, do i get a record? :D):
Just thought, doing it my way may mean the wire insulation will get rubbed off over time and BANG! SO do it cinqys way and poke a hole through the insulation. I'll check mine out later and see if i can add some protection.

Last edited:
Back