Fraudulent practices by Fiat India

Currently reading:
Fraudulent practices by Fiat India

faraz784

Am writing this about pathetic experience i've had with Fiat India. Though they make excellent products, service has been there weakest link and they are making the same mistakes again that they did last time around with Uno and Palio. These guys go back on their written commitments and promises and engage in frauds. My humble advise is that whenever u encounter a service issue, ensure that you get things written down in black and white, so that you have something to fight on. Am recounting my harrowing experience as under:
I purchased Fiat Punto Diesel Emotion Pack (HR51 AE 9551) in July 2008 from Tayal Motors with extended warranty and lots of promises on after sales service and benefits of extended warranty. This was the third car purchased from Tata/Fiat/Tayal in last 5 years in our family.
The car has been serviced regularly by Tayal Motors, Faridabad, as per the service schedule.
The car was last serviced in Dec 2011 on completion of 45,000 kilometres.
The engine developed sluggishness and vehicle was given to Tayal motors on 22.02.2012.
Upon investigation, it was confirmed that engine has some problems and cost of the repairs will be covered under extended warranty. However, the extended warranty claim was rejected on grounds of "Dust entering the engine". A mail was sent to Fiat India on this matter dated 4th March 2012 and reply received from Fiat's side on 7th March 2012.
When I, along with my father, visited Tayal motors on 11th March 2012, it was told that either the dust has gone through the air filter or that there was some gap in the filter assembly.
Kindly note that the air filter has been supplied by Fiat and fitted by Tayal Motors during service, then how come we are at fault?
At this point, Tayal Motors said that Fiat India has agreed to provide some part payment on goodwill basis and that I need to pay the rest. I refused, telling Tayal Motors, that this is a not a fault of mine and I would not pay any amount towards this.
On 14th March 2012, I received a call from Tayal Motors telling that Fiat India has agreed to pay for the engine and turbo and it will be replaced at no cost to me. However, I would be required to pay for the consumables, to which I had agreed. The same was communicated through email as well. Verbally, it was communicated by Tayal motors that the estimated cost of consumables would be around Rs. 8000 ~ 10,000/-.
Meanwhile, I had tried calling Mr. Vikas Sehgal, Regional Service Coordinator. However, I was not able to reach him.
After expediting through emails, telephone calls and personal visits, the car was finally ready on 6th April 2012. I was told to pay Rs. 50,000/- out of the total bill of approx 80,000/-, whereas the cost of consumables in the bill amounts to Rs. 8000/- only as per the proforma invoice shown to us.
When we discussed this issue with the General Manager (Services) at Tayal motors after waiting for around 2 hours, he expressed his inability to do anything and asked us to come on Sunday, 8th April 2012.
When I again went on 8th April 2012, the situation remained same and I was asked to pay around Rs. 50,000/- to take my car.
Note that at no point in time, I was told that I would be required to pay such amount. I was repeatedly convinced by Tayal Motors that Fiat will be bearing the costs and that I would only be required to pay for consumables. During the period from 22.02.2012 till date, I have had hard time commuting to my office in Gurgaon from Faridabad, in addition to mental agony faced. Fiat India also refused to provide a standby car in-spite of the fact that what I bought was supposedly top end version of a Premium Hatchback.:bang::bang::bang::bang:

Back