For those who have kids and needing somewhere to take them

Currently reading:
For those who have kids and needing somewhere to take them

udtrev

Twin Turbo powered :-)
May 1 suggest the Royal Armouries at Fort Nelson above Portsmouth.

It will keep them quite for hours (especially when the guns are fired at 12 and 3)

when you leave turn RIGHT out of the car park, as you go along the road the views across the harbour are stunning, and there's a few odd sights to the left including some current military spots.

Trev

Fort Nelson? That at Portchester? If it's the one I'm thinking of - it is pretty cool!!

The Historic Dockyard offers many things too :)

Even HMS Victory should keep them quiet (I have no idea on costs, I did it as a Sea Cadet lol)

Action Stations - that'll keep 'em occupied too :D

Fort Nelson? That at Portchester? If it's the one I'm thinking of - it is pretty cool!!

Even HMS Victory should keep them quiet (I have no idea on costs, I did it as a Sea Cadet lol)

It's not the same as Portchester Castle (good old fashioned castle), that's in the harbour area, Fort Nelson (one of Palmerston's follies) is on the hills looking down on the whole harbour.

If you do Portchester Castle DON'T go into the keep when there is a hoard of kids running on the top floor - the racket is unbelievable !!:eek:

Yep, I've done both in the last fortnight.

Trev

the docks in Edinburgh are the same,not for kids though ;)

It's not the same as Portchester Castle (good old fashioned castle), that's in the harbour area, Fort Nelson (one of Palmerston's follies) is on the hills looking down on the whole harbour.

If you do Portchester Castle DON'T go into the keep when there is a hoard of kids running on the top floor - the racket is unbelievable !!:eek:

Yep, I've done both in the last fortnight.

Trev

if you want a castle then warwick castle is the best, bit far from portsmouth though. im not a kid, and i dont have kids, but i enjoyed a day out there :cool::)

the docks in Edinburgh are the same,not for kids though ;)
Not actually at Edinburgh Docks, but a little further up, there is the opportunity to do sailing and powerboating :rolleyes:

(Port Edgar - the Royal Navy Sailing Centre, as run by the Sea Cadet staff of HMS Caledonia lol)

The old dockyard in portsmouth rocks!

Action stations kept me entertained for hours :cool:

I kicked ass on the rotating climbing wall too
:slayer:
Yeah...that I couldn't do. Partly because the uniform I was wearing was a little restrictive, but mostly because I'm crap at it lol

Back