Styling Fly eye problems?

Currently reading:
Styling Fly eye problems?

Kinnie19

Hi all, I was looking into getting some fly eye film for my lights but looking into it in more debt I came across a article about it cracking headlights. It was a article from 2012 I think and I'm not sure if it has changed in anyway since then, have anyone had fly eye and had any problems? ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1428101254.976155.jpg

Hi all, I was looking into getting some fly eye film for my lights but looking into it in more debt I came across a article about it cracking headlights. It was a article from 2012 I think and I'm not sure if it has changed in anyway since then, have anyone had fly eye and had any problems? View attachment 152506
I've had fleyeye on rears. The only issue I can imagine is the adhesive getting hot from the bulb. But I can't imagine it ever getting hot enough to crack. I'm calling BS.

I did think it was a bit extreme for it to crack the light, thought I'd ask on here before getting any as I'm still undecided on fly eye or spray tint for mine

Firstly, the purpose of lights is for others to see them and act accordingly. Anything stuck on will reduce the light output, and carries a risk. In the event of a bump, your insurance company may quibble.

Secondly, as most lights are plastic, many glues can react with them. Before sticking anything onto them, ask the supplier to guarantee that the adhesive is compatible and non-damaging to the lights you have. Get that in writing. If they refuse, best not to take the risk.

Back