Technical USB problem

Currently reading:
Technical USB problem

Jozica97

Hell guys & girls, i have one problem with USB on Fiat bravo 2010.

I put the music in USB stick, and then i put in USB port in car, and after this i see on radio display write "USB" and after this i get message "No Media".

Help me guys how to solve this problem i put lot of music in USB but when i put USB in car, i get message "No Media".

Could be pendrive compatibility or formatting issue. Another possible cause could be unsopported media file types on the stick.

How big is the USB stick? It is possible that a car from 2010 (and probably designed a few years earlier) won't be able to see the filesystem on the modern (=bigger) storage.

I have no idea what is supported by the radio system in the Punto, but I assume FAT32 system could be the maximum.

Then, it is always best to format such storage devices in the target equipment it's going to be used in (or oldest, if the equipment is old).

If you can format it in the car, do it, then put it back in the computer and copy the music on it. If there's no such option, or you're getting an error, put it in your computer, make a full format to FAT32 filesystem, go back to the car, try reformatting it again in the car and put it back in the computer and copy the music.

Also remember to always eject safely the pendrive from all equipment to avoid possible memory (or filesystem) damage caused by improper operation. Safe eject should cut off the electricity in the socket. So there's should no risk.

As for the supported media types, try the owner's manual. It should be listed there ;)

Back